One of the popular downloads from the Cydia app store was always the iOS games emulators because they were the only way that we could get our favorite console games onto our iOS devices.
With Cydia in decline, users have had to look elsewhere, and the spotlight has fallen on an emulator app called GBA4iOS.
GBA4iOS is one of the best free emulators for IOS, Offering support for the Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and many other consoles, GBA4ioS is incredibly comprehensive.
However, while it works on pretty much all iOS devices, it is better if you have at least 2 GB RAM – not only will you get a much better game-playing experience, you will also be able to play some of the later games, those that are heavier in graphics.
With GBA4iOS, You get the ability to play many of your favorite console games without having to jailbreak first, and they are all free.
How to Download GBA4iOS for iPhone & Android
Downloading GBA4iOS isn’t as straight forward as getting an app from the app store.
First, Download a third-party app installer as the preparations
You need to install APP like Cydia, that released initially as a third-party app installer, Now more and more Apps alternative to Cydia, such as Tutuapp, AppValley, Tweakbox, PandaHero, Panda Helper, App Even, Emus4U…but now taking over as the go-to app store for millions of users.
- Follow the guide at the link to download Emus4U
- Open the installer and tap on Emulators
- Search for GBA4iOS and tap it
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download it
Alternative Download Method
If you can’t get on with Emus4U, or it doesn’t work correctly, there is another alternative. An app installer called Panda Helper is another place to download GBA4iOS from. Follow the guide above but download Panda Helper instead of Emus4U.
GBA4iOS for IOS
The key to installing GBA4iOS on your iPhone or iPad is the IPA File.
This involves using Cydia Impactor to sideload the .ipa file onto your iPhone or iPad, and this requires your Apple ID. Before you begin, make sure that you have the latest iTunes version on your device – open it and click Help>Check for updates.
- Plug your iOS device into the computer and, if iTunes opens, close it.
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Download the GBA4iOS IPA file
- Open the Cydia Impactor app and wait for the device to be detected
- Drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor and click OK on the Expired Certificate warning message
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to install the file and the app icon to load on your homepage
- Open Settings>General and tap on the Profiles section
- Tap the GBA4iOS name in the app list and tap Trust
- Now you can download your console games.
GBA4iOS for Android
GBA4iOS has also recently been given support for Android devices, giving users the chance to experience the games emulators for the first time. Here’s how to do it, by installing the .apk file for Emus4U onto your Android device:
- Before you do anything, open your Settings app and tap on Security
- Find and enable the Unknown Sources option – this is an important step; without it, you can’t use the installer
- Now tap one of the buttons above to download the .apk file
- Open Downloads (or wherever the file downloaded to) and double tap the .apk file
- Wait for the installation to finish and look for the app icon on your home screen
How To Fix Untrusted Developer Error
This is likely to show up when you first try to use Emus4U or GBA4iOS. Just write down or remember the name of the developer on the message:
- Open Settings>General
- Tap on Profiles and Device Management
- Find the developer name and tap it
- Tap Trust and close settings; the error won’t show up again.
The emulator app is packed with great features:
- Easy to download and use
- No jailbreak required
- Supports all iOS versions
- Support for Nintendo, GBA, GB, GBC, and other consoles
- Play any game you want
- Multiplayer online gaming support
- Cloud Server hosting ensures downloads are secure and fast
- Cloud data storage takes care of syncing between devices
- One emulator – all games
- Customize your game maps and your game controls
- Loads more
Is it Safe?
Yes, it is. Both Emus4U and GBA4iOS have been tested and declared entirely safe to use. And, because Cydia isn’t required to install them, the app is also legal, and that means your warranty cannot be voided.
Do be aware that this may not be the case if you use a tweak that modifies your device – remember to delete them if you ever need to take your device to a store.
Perhaps GBA4iOS doesn’t support the console you want games for, in which case, have a look at these alternatives, all free, and all offering great support for different consoles:
Happy Chick Emulator
Frequently Asked Questions of Emus4U
These are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions:
I Can’t Download or Verify Emus4U, What Do I Do?
All you can do is wait. What has happened is that the developers are in the process of updating the app certificate – it uses expired enterprise certificates, and Apple revokes these. Delete Emus4U, wait a couple of hours and then have another go – the certificate should have been updated.
You might also see a similar error with the ++ modified apps. If you haven’t done so, delete the stock app before you try to use the ++ modified version otherwise you will run into trouble.
I Can’t Connect To the Emus4U Website
This is also down to the certificate being revoked, causing the app to crash. Again, wait a few hours and have another go – things should be back to normal.
Is It Possible to Request an App?
Of course, but we made no guarantee that what you ask for will be added. Place your request on the developer Twitter feed; if they can do it, they will.
You may be like,
- Top 20 Best Bike Racing Games for Android
- No Wi-Fi Games & Free Offline Games
- Games similar to Pokémon Go
GBA4iOS is well worth trying. It is free to use; all games are free to play, and it offers excellent support for Gameboy and Nintendo consoles.
Download it today and enjoy everything it has to offer and don’t forget to leave a comment below to share more cool app recommendations and tips to us.