There are plenty of Cydia alternatives, and one of the most popular is called TweakBox.
It is, in effect, an unofficial app store that provides us with thousands of apps and games to download from, including a vast range of modified content and Cydia tweaks.
You don’t need to install a jailbreak, and the installer is completely free so keep reading for download details.
How to Download TweakBox
The installer isn’t just for iOS devices. it also offers support for Android and for desktop users too,
How to Download & Install TweakBox for IOS
- Go to the TweakBox App download page and Tap on the configuration profile link and then tap on Allow on the popup message
- Tap Install on the app info page so the profile can download
- Wait; when your Settings app has opened, tap on Install
- If asked, type in your passcode and Safari will open
- Tap Install and then Install in the popup message
- Settings will open again, tap Install
- Tap Next and then Done to finish the process
- When the installation has finished, find the app icon on your home page.
How to Download & Install TweakBox for Android
This involves installing the APK file so follow these steps carefully:
- Open your Android settings and tap on Security
- Find the Unknown Sources option and enable it
- Now tap the download button on the link above to download the .apk file on your device
- Find it (in downloads) double-tap it and wait for the installation to finish
- The icon is on your home screen
How to Download & Install TweakBox for Desktop
For this, you must install an Android emulator. The installer is not directly compatible with desktops so the emulator must be used to install the APK file:
- Download Bluestacks emulator onto your computer
- Download the .apk file – tap the button above
- Open Bluestacks and type tweakbox.apk into the search box
- Tap on the result and wait7once it is installed, the app installer can be used via the Bluestacks home screen
How to Use TweakBoxUsing TweakBox is very easy,
- Tap on the app icon to open the installer
- Tap Apps on the menu bar
- Choose the category that you want to look in
- Find your app or game and tap on it
- Tap Install and follow any other directions on the screen
Stop TweakBox Being Revoked
While TweakBox is an excellent installer there is no getting away from it is unofficial. And that means that Apple will revoke the app certificate, no matter how many times you reinstall it.
There is a way that you can stop this – use one of the TweakBox recommended VPNs. Not only will this protect your identity and data, but it will also protect your app certificates so they cannot be revoked.
Frequently Asked Questions to TweakBox
Here are the answers to some of the more common questions:
How Do I Fix the Untrusted Developer Error?
This is very simple to do. Make a note of the developer name on the popup error message:
- Open Settings>General>Profiles
- Tap on the name of the developer in the app list
- Tap n Trust and close Settings
- That error will not appear again
Is My Warranty Safe?
Yes. TweakBox is one of the safest app installers to use because it doesn’t hack into iOS and break into Apple’s security. It is also legal to use and cannot result in your warranty being voided. However, the tweaks that modify your device can so, if you need to go into an Apple repair store, delete the tweak and reinstall it again later.
Is it Safe?
Yes, provided you use the official source to download it from and install any updates that the developers release.
How Do I Trust an Enterprise App?
- Open Settings on your device
- Tap on General>Profiles and go to the Enterprise section
- Find and tap on the Developer name and tap Trust
- Tap Trust again and close settings
Can I Delete TweakBox if I Need To?
Yes, of course, you can. The easiest way is to,
- Find the app icon on your home screen
- Tap and long-hold it until it starts wiggling
- Tap the X in the top corner of the icon
- Tap Delete on the popup message and the app is removed
An alternative way is to delete the profile from your iPhone or iPad,
- Open your Settings app and go to General
- Tap on Profiles & Device Management
- Find the app profile and tap on it
- Tap on Delete Profile
- Tap Delete to confirm and close Settings – TweakBox is removed.
Help! The Screen has gone Blank or White.
This is easy to fix and is more annoying than it is serious,
- Open your Settings app and tap on Safari
- Tap on Clear Website Data and close Settings
- Try the app again, and the screen is cleared.
I Can’t Connect to the TweakBox App
This is probably because Apple has revoked the app certificate and the app has crashed. This happens because the app is using enterprise certificates that have expired and the developers are most likely in the process of updating them.
Wait for a couple of hours and then have another go – the certificate should have been updated, and everything will work. If it doesn’t, delete TweakBox and then install it again.
Can I Request Apps and Games?
Yes, you can. Simply post your request including the full app name, on the developer’s Twitter feed. They may not be able to honour your request though; they do get a lot of them, and not all apps can be added.
- Download Latest Lucky Patcher APK for Games
- Download Latest Freedom Apk for Android
- Download & Install TutuApp VIP for iOS & Android
TweakBox is very easy to use and free, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Try it and we would like you can share your standpoint to TweakBox, easily leave a comment below!