We are now halfway through the lifecycle of iOS 12, and it’s become clear that jailbreaks are becoming harder to achieve. Much of this is down to the increased security in the iOS firmware and to a lack of jailbreak developers.
Over time, we’ve seen several jailbreaks hinted at but, until now, nothing has ever been publicly released.
Now we have a choice of two jailbreaks – Unc0ver and RootlessJB, shortly, we’ll be telling you exactly how to install both utilities on your iPhone or iPad. First though, given the excellent features that Apple brings us with each iOS update, some ask why we would still want to jailbreak. The answer to that lies in Cydia, the largest unofficial app store in the world.
Cydia is the only place to find full modifications, tweaks, and apps to change how we use our iOS devices. Apps like the popular file manager, iFile, games emulators, Message app tweaks, Phone app tweaks, modified stock apps and so much more, all found in Cydia and the fact that jailbreaking is free is enough of a reason to try it.
- APPs like Tutuapp for ios (App store alternative ios no jailbreak)
- Rooting Apps to Grant Root Access on Android Device
How to Jailbreak iOS 12
After a long drought, we now have two iOS 12 jailbreak methods, one easier to use than the other. Before you read on though, make sure that you do not have any OTA files on your device. If you updated your iOS using the OTA method, you would need to delete them – jailbreaks and OTA files do NOT mix.
Compatible with all iOS devices that are on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2, Un0ver jailbreak is pretty simple to install. It is important to note that the latest iPhones – XS, XS MAX and XR – along with the newest iPad Pro only have partial support in this jailbreak. This means that Cydia will not be available on the device, but an update is expected in the near future to change that.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you back your data up using iTunes first – if anything goes wrong and you don’t, you will lose everything
- There are a few iOS 12 bugs which still need ironing out so some repos may not work, despite having compatibility with Cydia and Substrate
- Make sure you have no OTA files on your device – open Settings>Storage, delete them and reboot your device
- Be aware that some users are reporting a boot loop problem – proceed at your own risk
Follow these steps to download unc0ver jailbreak for ios 12
- Visit TweakBox App from your iPhone or iPad and type Unc0ver into the search bar
- Tap on the Get button and then tap Install
- Wait while Unc0ver jailbreak is installed onto your device
- Now open your Settings app and tap on General>Profiles & Device Management
- Find and tap the developer name in the profile list
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- Tap the Unc0ver icon on your home screen and tap Jailbreak
- Wait; your device will respring while the jailbreak installation completes
- When you see the Cydia icon on your home screen, the jailbreak has been successful
If the “Extracting Cydia” message appears to be stuck, wait for a while. If it doesn’t clear, reboot your device and try again.
RootlessJB is not your regular jailbreak, and it is a bit more challenging to do. The process of injecting the code and installing the Cydia tweaks is not straightforward, so this method is really only for those with experience. Plus, RootlessJB does not provide root access which means many of the mods and tweaks cannot be installed.
If you want to give it a go, and you have an iOS device on iOS 12 to 12.1.2, follow these steps. Please be aware that, at this moment in time, RootlessJB has no support for the newer A12 devices, but we expect an update any time now.
Steps to download RootlessJB jailbreak for ios 12
- From Safari browser go to the Tweakbox site linked above and type RootlessJB into the search bar
- Tap the Get button and then tap on Install
- Wait while the jailbreak is downloaded onto your iPhone or iPad
- Open your Settings app
- Navigate to General >Profiles and Device Management
- Find the developer name in the list of apps and tap on it
- Tap on Trust, close Settings and go back to your home screen
- Now place your iPhone or iPad into Airplane mode
- Tap the RootlessJB button on your home screen and check that the Tweaks toggle has been enabled
- Tap on Jailbreak and wait
- Your iPhone or iPad will respring when the jailbreak has been successful
- If it doesn’t respring, instead of restarting (you will see the Apple Logo) then the jailbreak has not worked, and you should try again.
As you can see, these are not your standard jailbreaks, and that is why it is so important to back your data up before you start. If things don’t work out for you and you can’t or decide not to jailbreak using one of these iOS 12 utilities, there are plenty of Cydia alternatives that you can use for free.
They don’t offer the same depth that Cydia does out they are decent alternatives so check out what’s on offer by clicking the link.
- Apps like AppValley 2019: Free to download cracked App & games
- Lucky Patcher Latest APK Download & Lucky Patcher Alternatives
Why Use Cydia
Cydia offers users a ton of features, and this is why so many users choose to jailbreak their devices:
- Free with a jailbreak utility
- Packed with modifications, tweaks, apps, games, and more
- Tweak your device to work how you want it to
- Modify it to look the way you want it
- Loads of modified stock apps and games
- Ringtones, themes, iBooks, comics, and much more
- Most tweaks are free, and some may cost a couple of dollars.
Jailbreaking iOS 12 makes sense because, although we have plenty of new features in the iOS, Cydia makes them work far better.
Try the iOS 12 jailbreak today and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news and iOS 12 jailbreak updates.