If you are an OnlyFans content creator, you take home 80% of the total earnings from subscriptions, tips, gifts, shout-outs, etc. The company retains 20% of the total amount you earned.
If you are thinking of joining OnlyFans or have already joined, you might be wondering what percentage OnlyFans takes. OnlyFans is a lucrative platform if you want to earn some passive income or main income. At the end of the day, how you engage with the audience is what makes you earn a huge amount of money that can sustain you.
You can either post your videos or images faceless or show your face. You just have to be creative, don’t you think? OnlyFans gives you the freedom to choose the amount you want to charge people so that you can get a good amount of money.
In this article, we will provide more information on what percentage OnlyFans takes, what you can earn from OnlyFans, how to earn from OnlyFans, and which content creators can benefit from it.
Navigation of Contents
What is OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is a well-known social network mostly recommended for adult viewers. However, it also offers an open door to other professionals like artists, fitness trainers, photographers, chefs, etc. Content creators can make a decent living from the platform as various users are willing to pay to view exclusive content.
Creators are paid for the photos and videos. The platform is a bit crowded nowadays and if you are a beginner, you need to up your game to ensure you stand out from the rest.
What Percent Does OnlyFans Take?
Out of the money charged on subscriptions, tips, shout-outs, or other modes, OnlyFans creators get 80% of the money, while 20% is retained by the OnlyFans company. Therefore, you can publish exclusive adult content that you can charge any amount you want based on the followers you have.
If you are just starting, consider first offering some free content, then providing some exclusive content at a fee. The main deal is to get some followers so that you can even have the psyche to engage with them and even post more content.
How Can You Earn Money Through OnlyFans
You can earn money through subscriptions, pay-per-view posts, tips, pay-per-view DM, and shout-outs.
If you are a content creator, you can set the subscription amount that users should pay either monthly or annually to see your content. You can have free content and also offer exclusive content at a fee. Regardless of how much you make, you will retain 80% of it while OnlyFans company will retain 20% of it.
ii. Pay-per-view content
You can also earn money through OnlyFans through pay-per-view content. Therefore, you can set some exclusive content to only be seen by people when they pay a certain amount. This can either be a recorded video, live video, or even an image. It all depends on the content you want to share with your audience. The content is often behind a paywall so that only those who purchase it can view it.
iii. Pay-Per-View Messages
As a creator on OnlyFans, you can also earn by providing pay-per-view messages. Therefore, you can allow some users to chat with you for a fee and provide personalized content based on what they request. You can either set a flat fee or pay per message fee.
However, you need to be fast to respond to all the requests or have a management team that will help you reply to the messages in real-time to prevent your waiting list from being too long.
As an OnlyFans user, you can also consider sending tips to your favorite content creators. Therefore, as a creator, you can get as many tips as you want based on the engagement you have with your fans and how much you please them. If you want to earn a decent income on OnlyFans, you need to build a connection with your subscribers, create exclusive content, and stay consistent with your content.
v. Shout-outs and coaching
As a content creator, you can also earn through marketing or shout-outs by promoting other people’s pages so that they can also become popular. Additionally, you can earn through coaching people on how to thrive well on OnlyFans.
What Is The Registration Fee For Joining OnlyFans As A Content Creator?
There is no registration fee charged for OnlyFans content creators. So you can start your profile even now. Exciting! You just need to know the kind of content that you will provide to your audience to ensure they remain engaged. However, when you start earning, the company will take 20% of your earnings.
You can publish any content that you want that will attract the right audience. Also, you don’t necessarily need to provide adult content, you can provide other kinds of content even if you are a musician, model, fitness trainer, or other professional as long as it can help you earn a decent income.
Are There Other OnlyFans Alternatives?
You can also consider Fansly, Patreon, Ko-fi, SubscribeStar, and FanCentro. However, OnlyFans is one of the most popular platforms that you can earn a decent income from.
What Are The Different Types Of Creators On OnlyFans
If you opt to be a content creator on OnlyFans, you can choose the kind of content you want to provide.
- Adult content creators – OnlyFans gives you the freedom to share any kind of content without any restriction. As long as it will provide the right income on your side. Be creative in how you take photos & videos, plus how you interact with your audience. The more enticing you are, the better!
- Artists – As an artist, you can also provide unreleased songs, behind-the-scenes footage, or other personal artistic work. It all depends on what your fans will want to see. It needs to be content that people are more than willing to check out.
- Fitness trainers – If you are a fitness trainer or lifestyle coach, you can offer great content for workouts, personalized meal plans, wellness tips, and much more to your loyal fans. People are always looking for personal trainers to help them live a healthy lifestyle, lose weight, add weight, and much more. It all depends on your body's goals.
- Photographers – If you are a photographer you can also earn well from the platform. You just need to provide original pieces that people will be willing to check out. Don't provide other people's photos without their consent. If you are creative, you can make a good amount of income. People love art, and if you provide great art, why not?
- Other industries – If you have content that you would want to share with fans on OnlyFans, you can do so without any kind of limitation. Just ensure you provide content, that people will be willing to pay for. For example, if you are a travel influencer, fashion blogger, etc. Provide content that people will love or even teach them about something.
Boost your Profile on OnlyFans For More Success
If you want to thrive on OnlyFans you need to think of it like an interview. When going for an interview, you often prepare yourself so well to ensure the board likes you and gives you the job. Take the same kind of attitude and show it through your photos, videos, or other media.
Engage with your audience so well that they will be willing to pay the subscription again or even give you tips. The 80% you get is a good amount and it can help sustain you. Therefore, what are you waiting for, start your account today!