Roborock app is a powerful app that allows you to easily unlock a variety of advanced features of Roborock’s latest robot vacuums like Create Map and Personalized Voice.
Roborock App Setup And Everything It Can Do For You
Robot vacuums used to be a luxury investment. But the automated cleaners that can save you valuable time, have come a long way. They have entered the mainstream and are now more affordable than ever.
Likewise, you have plenty of options out there, including hybrid mopping robots that can vacuum and mop at the same time. Nevertheless, not all hybrids are created equal. Some have high-end features, but not all offer a robust app that can make your life much easier like Roborock.
The latest range of Roborock robot vacuum cleaners utilizes the Roborock app. These include the S4, S5 Max, S6 Pure, and S6 MaxV models. This excellent app enables you to control and manage your robot completely.
If the Roborock you currently own is an older model, you’ll still be able to enjoy the same experience in the Mi Home app. However, the app that comes with the 2019 and 2020 line of the brand is much more compelling. Likewise, it boasts plenty of high-tech features.
Will The Roborock App Live Up To User Expectations?
The app was developed by Roborock technology. You can connect select Roborock vacuums to the app. And once you’ve established a connection, you’ll be able to fully control your robot with ease via the Roborock app. On top of that, it allows you to view details of your robot, including its status.
There is a wide array of exceptional features you can unlock with this app, including the following:
- Custom cleaning. You can set up options like room cleaning, no-go zones, and even place a virtual barrier tape in areas you don’t want your unit to vacuum.
- Map saving mode. This provides you with advanced functionalities where you can partition and merge rooms. Doing so can further increase your unit’s cleaning performance and efficiency.
- Virtual walls and restricted areas. With the Roborock app, you can instantly set these up, and your robot vacuum cleaner will draw out the best possible cleaning route.
- Scheduled cleaning. This is a handy feature that lets you schedule the cleaning sessions of your device at a day or time you prefer. Once it is finished with its chore, it will automatically go back to its charging dock without any assistance.
- Select cleaning areas. Available on some models of Roborock, the feature enables you to choose and designate any room or rooms you want your gadget to take care. Additionally, this option lets you set the number of times you want a specific area vacuumed.
- Targeted cleaning. All you have to do is access the saved map of the space you want your robovac to spot clean. Once you click start, it will plan the most efficient route of its target spot automatically and only clean that specific spot.
- Recharge and continue. Once the battery of your robot vacuum is below 20%, it will make its way back to its dock automatically to recharge. When it has enough battery juice, it will continue vacuuming where it left off.
This quick review of the Roborock app will give you an in-depth overview of how to set up these features.
Steps On How To Connect Your Robot Vacuum To The Roborock App On Your iOS Or Android Device
Step 1: Download the Roborock app on the App Store.
Step 2: Choose the region you’re currently in, and with your mobile number, register for a Roborock account.
- Click new user registration.
- To register, simply provide your phone number.
- Log in to access your account.
Step 3: Connect your unit to the app, ensuring that your smartphone has an internet connection. Your Roborock vacuum has an indicator light for WiFi connectivity, which you can check throughout the connection process by opening its top part.
- Tap the plus (+) icon to add a device. Select your robovac.
- Check the “Blue Light Blinking” option by tapping on it.
- Choose the WiFi connection of your home and connect to it by entering its password.
- Click “Connect to robot Wi-Fi.”
- Look for the WiFi network with the name “roborock-vacuum-xxxx.” Choose it to connect your unit.
- Return to your Roborock app. The connection interface should appear now.
- Do not do anything until you are connected to it successfully. You’ll know that you have successfully connected when you see the cleaner’s WiFi indicator becomes solid and no longer flashing.
Step 4: Go to the Roborock homepage and tap device. Here you’ll see the device to operate. Make sure to wait for your smart cleaner to finish initializing. Once it reaches 100%, click on Enter robot.
Step 1: Access Google Play on your smartphone and download Roborock.
Step 2: Select the region you’re currently in. Create and register a Roborock account using your phone number.
Step 3: Connect your Roborock vacuum cleaner to the app. Again, make sure your gadget is connected to the WiFi.
- To add a device and enable location permission, simply tap the plus (+)icon.
- It will then detect all Roborock units nearby. Select the model of your robovac to add it.
- Choose your home WiFi and type in its password.
Step 4: Navigate your way to the homepage of Roborock. Then, click on the device to access the device to operate. Once the initializing process hits 100%, you can now click Enter robot.
Roborock App Vs. Mi Home App
Roborock is a company under Xiaomi. Its specialization is in the research, development, and manufacturing of smart appliances. The products of Roborock are a vital part of Mijia or the Xiaomi Smart Home Ecosystem.
Xiaomi utilizes a smartphone to manage and control all smart devices in one smart home system, which is the Mi Home app. Here’s a Mi Home app video walkthrough, explaining what you can do with it.
If you already have both the Mi Home and Roborock apps installed, you can switch from one app to the other. You also don’t have to worry about losing all the saved maps of your home.
The apps are quite similar. Nevertheless, they do have some noticeable differences:
- It’s only possible to name rooms in Mi Home. This feature lets you tell Google Assistant to clean a certain room.
- You can only link Google Home and Alexa in the Roborock app.
- The apps use a similar firmware but the version numbering is different, with Roborock providing the latest one.
- Sharing a robovac cleaner works with the Mi Home app. On the other hand, it’s a little challenging with the Roborock app.
- If you want to get a token integrated to your Roborock in Home Assistant, you need the older version of Mi Home. Still, you need to get the token first before you can update Mi Home. Nonetheless, linking your robot to the Roborock app will invalidate that token. This means that you’ll be able to switch apps while maintaining your HA integration.