A digital signature is a scheme for security purposes, is a decentralized system that distributes the digital information in a Bitcoin network in a circulative and protected manner.
It helps to generate a liable digital asset and provide a record of valid digital ownership.
A digital signature helps to verify the non-repudiation of any file or message. A digital signature uses many mathematical algorithms to be more authentic and significant in the crypto market.
There are lots of different digital bitcoin signatures used in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies,
Below are some digital signatures with their uses and features:
1. Group Digital Bitcoin Signature
Group signatures produce a single group sign for the whole group used to sign by any individual of that group on behalf of other members.
Group digital bitcoin signatures rely upon eight elements that regulate its working mechanisms, these eight elements are:
Authenticity: To ensure the authentic feature of document or electronic information.
Integrity: To ensure the workability process of electronic documents or files/messages.
Validity: To ensure theoretical security against any computational malware attack.
Traceability: To ensure the membership secret of the signed messages under any verification process.
Anonymity: This feature allows any member to sign anonymously over any message on behalf of the entire group.
Unlinkability: It must be unlinkable to any message or remain absolute against the unbounded adversary.
Unforgeability: The signature must have such an enhanced level of security that, It must save against any computer forgery attacks.
Coalition-resistance: No group member can generate a valid signature that a group manager cannot link to any colluding subset of his group.
2. Aggregate Bitcoin Signature
Aggregate signatures merge all the various types of signatures collected from n number of users who have signed n number of messages with n number of signature prototypes into a single signature which is short and valid.
It uses Bilinear mapping and Co-GHd mapping in its processing.
Aggregate signature is made from the tuple command using four important algorithms to achieve a level of accuracy:
These are the four algorithms that support the digital signature system:
- KeyGen: This algorithm works for the process of generating digital security keys.
This mechanism helps in accessing digitally encrypted or decrypted data in cryptographic systems.
It uses symmetric (DES) and asymmetric (RSA) cryptographic algorithms for enhanced security.
- Sign: Its functioning is based on algebraic mathematical properties like Exponentiation and Discrete for a cryptosystem. It uses the subset of public and private keys pair in its algorithm.
- Combine: this algorithm produces a single aggregate signature that is valid for a large number of messages,
It has three elements: Public key, message, and signature optimized into a single signature,
The generated signature has a similar length as the message.
- Verify: It uses the received data along with the digital signature and combines it with the public key! The message produces a hash value to get the signature verified.
3. Blind Signature
The blind signature found its uses where the signer and message sender are two different people! It can be where the message has a high level of encryption with privacy protocol is mandatory.
Features of Blind Signature:
- Blind signature uses the mathematical concept of decomposition, the elliptical curve method, and discrete functions.
- Blind signatures must be untraceable
- Blind signatures follow the rule that the signer must not know the message on which he signed.
4. Proxy Signature
Proxy signature is best practice when an original signer wants to distribute his signing right to some proxy signer, It gives the right to that proxy signer to sign on behalf of its original signer.
Features of Proxy Signature:
- Proxy signature uses discrete function as its algorithm.
- Proxy signature operates on low computational cost.
- The proxy signature follows the one-end process starting from initialization to proxy signature generation and then verification.
Benefits of Digital Bitcoin Signature
Digital signatures are the best way to ensure the security and privacy protocol in any cryptosystem. Along with it has several benefits that cast an impact on a legitimate bitcoin transaction.
- Digital bitcoin signatures follow both kinds of cryptography symmetric as well as asymmetric for encryption and decryption.
- Digital bitcoin signature acts as a digital fingerprint of data, stored in the form of strings of numbers and letters known as Checksum.
- Digital bitcoin signature also operates on redundancy checks used to detect error and adversary in digital bitcoin networks.
- Digital signatures provide timestamping used under critical times like stock trades, etc.
- Digital signatures are globally used and accepted as a legitimate source of verification.
Digital bitcoin signatures discussed in the above article with their number of benefits that uses to save your time and cost with their traceability features,
This article also focuses on various digital signatures that can be used as an international standard and are available for different conditions occurring in digital cryptosystems.