Improper screen brightness will cause your eyes to be over-tired. Try to use these software to adjust the colour temperature and brightness of the screen to relieve the pressure on your eyes.
We use computers and phones often in our daily lives at work, school, or home. At times without knowing the display screen brightness can affect us.
Therefore, you can consider using any of these screen brightness control software to reduce eye fatigue. Eye strain can even result in worse situations, yet we can’t completely stop using these devices.
We have highlighted some of the best software to reduce eye fatigue and increase your productivity.
Dimmer is a great software that you can use to adjust brightness on different types of monitors, computer screens, and displays.
Reducing brightness helps protect you from excessive light radiation that can damage your eyes. Once you shut down and then restart your computer, Dimmer always remembers the previous settings.
Always be careful to download Dimmer from the official website only to prevent getting malware or viruses on your computer.
- It runs on all Windows versions.
- It is lightweight on system resources.
- It doesn’t require installation as it is a portable application.
- The software can dim LCDs, TFTs old CRTS, and LED backlit types.
ClickMonitorDDC is a free personalization program that gives you the power to adjust the display settings of your PC monitor effortlessly.
The program mainly works if your monitor is compatible with Display Data Channel (DDC). However, it requires high computer system requirements.
- The software can be used to adjust the monitor’s brightness, contrast, colors, and audio volume.
- It allows customization of your display's color profiles, inputs, rotation, and dim.
- It reinforces resetting and powering off/on your monitor.
- The program offers a laid-back system tray that won't take up any space from your desktop.
- It easily creates multiple profiles.
3. Gamma Panel
Gamma Panel is the perfect tool to use to adjust the screen brightness, contrast, and gamma effortlessly. After installation of the software, the user just needs to slide the adjustment bars to the left or right.
The last profile you set will be automatically saved and activated again when you run the application a fresh
- The different channels can be modified separately through green, red & blue, or together.
- The gamma panel allows users to create profiles that they can start when they press a combination of keys.
- The Gamma panel is useful to modify the screen properties.
Computer tends to look different at night than how they look during the day. Luckily, F.lux makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of the day.
F.lux makes the color of your computer adapt to the time of day. Therefore, you don't have to do it automatically.
- It adjusts automatically to the time of the day.
- Free to use on Windows for personal use.
- F.lux makes your screen look like indoor lights at night and makes things look brighter during the daytime.
Screenbright is an ideal app for adjusting the monitor’s colors, brightness, contrast, color luminance, and warm/cold ratio.
It is a great app that can be used to modify a monitor's display colors. The layout of the user interface is basic and allows you to change different output settings.
- You can use ScreenBright to make your screen look warmer or colder based on your preference.
- It is ideal for use on Windows.
- It can be run on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems
Desktop Lighter is an ideal software that can be used to adjust the brightness of a computer screen. The software is ideal when using the computer for a long to prevent your eyes from getting fatigued.
This free-to-download software helps reduce eye disturbance by a high percentage. It features one-touch adjustments.
- You don't have to access the control panel to adjust brightness instead you can use the icon found within the toolbar.
- As a user, you can move the sliding bar to the left or right to adjust the brightness
- It is possible to preset the program to work with a hotkey.
- It allows enlarging of the entire window to make it easier to read.
- It can be used by the visually impaired
7. Eye Saver
Eye Saver is another easy-to-use software that is ideal for adjusting the screen's brightness automatically. Once you set the initial settings, your computer will always adjust to it when you restart it.
It can be used on Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. Eye saver is ideal for you if you often have eye strains or headaches.
- 1. It makes computer colors warmer and easier on the eyes.
- It reduces the invisible flickering of the display's backlight.
- You can set it to remind you to take a break, drink water or look outside the screen for a while. 4. You can adjust the settings based on health, reading, movie, etc.
Free Monitor Manager is a simple utility that is used to adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, and colors. It is free to use, but some advanced features may need a license. The software manipulates the video card to data to achieve the required settings.
- Easily adjust the settings using a slider.
- You can adjust the monitor settings using global hotkeys.
- You can adjust the monitor's settings automatically after activating a certain application, for example, when watching a movie
9. RedShift GUI
RedShift GUI is another ideal software that can be used to change the display color of the monitor. It can be exchanged based on ambient conditions.
In case there is natural lighting, cooler tones will be provided. However, the current lighting prompts the monitor to change to orange or red.
- It adjusts based on environmental conditions.
- It is lightweight and easy to install.
- It is part of the larger Redshift project.
DimScreen is a software that you can use to dim the brightness of your device's screen which even impacts your battery life.
Luckily, you don't have to install Dimscreen to start using it. You can just place it in a folder and use the executable functions.
- Use shortcuts to adjust the screen display.
- Compatible with most screens.
- It doesn't require any installations.
CareUEyes is an ideal software to use for eye protection and blue light filter on Windows laptops and PCs. Blue light easily causes eye fatigue which the CareUeyes reduces the intensity of.
It filters harmful blue light and reduces the damage caused by blue light to the retina. The CareUEyes adjust the screen’s brightness to be almost the same as the surrounding environment. It improves productivity and efficiency.
- It features a break reminder to help protect against any form of eye fatigue. Therefore, you will be reminded to take a break, drink water or stand up.
- Easily enable the sunrise and sunset to set different color temperatures and screen brightness for day and night.
- It features a 20-20-20 rule that alerts you to look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds after every 20 minutes to ensure your eyes remain strong.
- The timer window will not disrupt your work while reminding you to take regular breaks,
- The focus feature allows you to customize the size and transparency of the reading, therefore, increasing productivity.
Pangobright is an ideal software that you can use when working in the dark. It is a screen dimmer that helps reduce the brightness of the main screen and external monitors. Therefore, you can choose the screens to set on specific brightness levels.
1 It is perfect for nightclubs, DJs, theatre lighting, and anyone who works in the dark while using monitors.
- It can be used for video presentations to dim your laptop screen while leaving the projector bright.
- It can be used on Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
- Furthermore, it can be used to modify different monitors.
Just like all other screen brightness control software iBrightness can be used to adjust the screen brightness fast.
With just a click, you can modify the screen as you wish. Not only can you use it on computers but also on tablets.
- You can use its tray icon to turn off the monitor and enable or change the screen saver.
- It also has an auto-start option to launch it when you boot your Windows computer.
- It works on Windows 7.
14. Twinkle Tray
Twinkle Tray lets you manage the brightness levels on different monitors. Once you install the app, it adds an icon in your system tray for easy editing.
It works perfectly with Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- It works with most laptops that are DDC/CI enabled.
- Easily use hotkeys to adjust brightness
- Supports brightness adjustments based on the time of the day
- It is localized to over 20 languages
- It starts up when you boot Windows.
How To Protect Your Eyes From Fatigue
It is possible to protect your eyes from fatigue in various ways:
- Have proper rest and often stretch when working.
- Do your tasks in a comfortable work environment with proper lighting.
- Be mindful of your posture when looking at the display.
- Examine your glasses and contact lenses' power if it is still efficient.
- Modify the display’s brightness settings.
- Minimize display flickering.
- Minimize the blue light on your screen.
- Change your lifestyle habits if you use the computer and phone all the time by having breaks.
- Use specialized software that will help adjust the screen to reduce eye fatigue.
- Undergo an examination with the ophthalmologist to check your eyes.
Q. How many nits is a bright screen?
It ranges between 250 and 1000 nits based on the device. Smartphones & tablets have 200 – 1000+ nits, laptops & computers have 200-600+ nits, televisions have 100-2000 + nits, projectors have 1000-2000+ nits while LED walls/screens have 1000-5000+ nits.
Q. How much screen brightness is good for the eyes?
The appropriate screen brightness in a normal room atmosphere like the office should be 300-500lux. Therefore, the display brightness should be adjusted to 100-150cd/m2.
Relax Your Eyes When Using The Screen
If you want to protect your eyes, you need to adjust your computer screen to make it more comfortable for your eyes. Permanent damage to your eyes can reduce your productivity.
All these software are customized for different computer devices therefore you have no excuse for not protecting your eyes to reduce eye fatigue. Get the most compatible one today!