Every person is curious about the concept of bitcoinwhich works on the cryptocurrency method, where the information is securely held together in blocks, this digital currency has now been a common way of investment done by many people in the world of technology.
Now as there are physical wallets to store the physical money, likewise it has been found that there are also several digital bitcoin wallets made to store bitcoin digital currencies.
What Is Bitcoin Wallet?
Bitcoin wallet is a kind of encrypted password which is used to store a collection of secured cryptographic information about bitcoin, also it provides protection from illegal access and doesn’t let anyone share the information except its owner.
Features of Bitcoin Wallet:
- It helps to send and receive bitcoin through it.
- It contains the keys which are highly secured needed to sign up for bitcoin transactions.
- It can also be used for multiple digital currencies.
- Each bitcoin wallet has different collections of numbers, keys regarding the user’s bitcoin address.
Types Of Bitcoin Wallets
Lots of bitcoin wallets are available for making a secured transaction, here we will provide rundowns of several bitcoin wallets which are commonly used by users.
1. Mobile Wallets
Mobile wallets are the quickest way to do a transaction, it is the best match for the people who spend lots of time on mobile while doing online shopping or withdrawing money, etc.
Features of Mobile Wallets:
- Mobile wallets work efficiently in any system like android or iOS.
- Mobile wallets also help to make transactions by any nearby physical stores.
- Mobile wallets enable the tapping option over making any payment, without any sharing of personal details.
- Mobile wallets use a simple payment verification process which can be easily used by any age group.
- Mobile wallets are operated on small and trusted nodes of digital currencies.
- Some of the best examples of mobile wallets are: Hive Android, Coinbase, etc.
2. Desktop Wallets
Desktop wallets are the best for window payment gateways, they are simply installed on your computer as a software and stores your information through a set of numbers or private keys.
Features of Desktop wallets:
- Desktop wallets are more secure and protected than mobile wallets.
- Desktop wallets have a greater control even over small chunks of transactions.
- Desktop wallets have various features like decentralization, security and easy bitcoin transactions.
- Some examples of Desktop bitcoin wallets are: Exodus, Electrum, Opolo, etc.
3. Web Wallets
Web wallets are made for any type of access from any corner of the world, it provides a reliable sending and storing transaction from any device, without any intervention of third parties.
Features of Web Wallets:
- Web wallet provides complete transaction
- Web wallet provide access from anywhere through web browser
- Web walletshave a smooth transaction process.
- Example of web wallets: BitGo, Metamask, Copay, etc.
4. Hardware Wallets
Hardware wallets are useful to those who wish to secure the information about bitcoin offline, these hardware wallets have interactive properties for enhanced security purposes like a display screen for verification and displaying details which are important.
Features of Hardware Wallets:
- Hardware wallets make your funds secure when you use a reliable device.
- Hardware wallets are stored in microcontrollers which cannot be transferred to any other device.
- Hardware wallets are also free from hacking or any malware
- Hardware wallets comein the form of physical devices like flash drives which can be carried out anywhere you go.
- Some examples of hardware wallets: Ledger, Mycelium, Trezor, etc.
Bitcoin wallets are the safety shields to protect your digital assets from getting hacked or harmed from any illegal means or third parties, At the same time it also helps to secure your personal details and keeps information about your cryptocurrencies limited only to you, you can also access them from anywhere in the world and can store them offline.
Many types of bitcoin wallets are available in the market according to your needs! In addition, the right wallet does major changes to your bitcoin expedition. Therefore, use them smartly according to your preferences.