Grindr is one of the first dating apps that come to mind when you think of LGBTQ+ dating applications. However, it can be helpful to cast a wider net and join apps with more to offer than Grindr if straight people are not having success with their current apps of preference or want to meet other new people.
While not all dating apps are mainly LGBTQ+ friendly, several are working to do so, from general-interest sites to those created just for this demographic.
Here are 12 additional apps to try on Android tablets, iPhones, and many other devices if you're a part of the LGBTQ+ community and want to go beyond Grindr.
Our Top Picks for the Best Alternatives to Grindr for 2023
Blued was the first gay-oriented app and the most prominent social networking app, a top-rated dating app like Grindr. Blued is an online gay dating application for everyone, regardless of type, whether you're a twink, daddy, bear, or cub.
In 2012, Blued began operating as a homosexual dating app for Chinese users. It is one of the top venues for promoting gay dating culture worldwide. It is one of the most popular social networking apps for homosexual men, with around 54 million users worldwide. Young professionals between the ages of 20 and 35 make up the bulk of Blued members, and they frequently seek out casual friendships and romances rather than long-term engagements.
Key Features of Blued
- Go live and communicate with the prospective special one at any time or place.
- Communicate with guys you meet by sending them GIFs, audio and video messages, and images!
- You can look through many local profiles or utilize our Travel Pass option to meet guys worldwide.
Hornet aspires to be more than a gay dating app; it fosters a homosexual social community where straight people can hang out and have a good time. More than 30 million people use the app to interact by discussing trending topics online. Hornet doesn't put any pressure on users to immediately discover The One. Instead, it promotes cordial interactions and allows the cards to be dealt as they may.
Key Features of Hornet
- SEARCH the feed to find out what's going on in the homosexual community
- VIEW quick videos featuring gay life experiences whenever and wherever you want
- HASHTAGS enables you to find other males interested in the same things.
- Filters allow you to locate the person and location you're looking for.
With over 7,000,000 active members, Taimi Community is the first dating app that includes gay, lesbian, transgender, and bisexual people. You can produce posts and tales, make calls and video calls, communicate for free, and perhaps find true love on Taimi.
In Taimi, every user has been confirmed. We recognize Taimi's dedication to user security and safety by utilizing unique verification and authentication procedures to weed out bogus accounts.
Key features of Taimi:
- Swipe, match, and talk with lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual, intersex, asexual, and other unusual people;
- Real users nearby (and a special filter for prospective matches);
- Keep your age and whereabouts a secret.
In terms of grid functioning, Scruff is quite similar to Grindr. Still, unlike Grindr, which has come under fire for encouraging a “no fats, no femmes” mentality among its users, Scruff was initially designed with homosexual men of various body kinds in mind. Particularly Daddies, otters, wolves, bears, and other assorted “tribes” with fine body hair and a stockier build alluring.
Over 15 million guys have used SCRUFF to date, hook up, find events, find other users by location, and obtain vacation information.
Key Features of Scruff
- Look through and talk with men in your area and throughout the world.
- Express yourself through various profile pictures, extensive profiles, private albums, and more.
- A fresh method of communication with other males based on current action.
- Look through the top LGBTQ gatherings, parades, festivals, and events locally or globally.
Surge is more like Tinder because it allows straight people to swipe through profiles until they find one they like. This differs from the majority of gay dating apps, which display a grid of the guys that are located closest to you. It's not possible to tell the difference between the “swipe right” and “swipe left” and “it's a match” functionalities.
Key features of Surge
- If you two are a match, you can begin chatting with your guy immediately, and it won't cost you a dime.
- To impress a hot guy, you should send him photographs and movies that automatically delete themselves after a few seconds.
- In Private Mode, you will only be visible to the gay guys already interested in you.
- Profile Verification allows you to view users whose identities have been confirmed by a photo verification system
The following choice for an alternative to Grindr is ROMEO.
ROMEO, commonly called Planetromeo or Gayromeo, is the most exciting dating app and social network for gay, bisexual, and transgender men. The app is entirely free to use, and all you have to do is find other users by location and, hence, start chatting with guys from around the world and quickly create a profile.
Key features of Romeo
- Free unlimited chat and video calling
- Hide your actual GPS position
- Set your location to anywhere in the world
- Unrestricted list of males online
One of the most popular gay dating apps now available is called Jack'd. Since it was founded in 2010, Jack'd has attracted approximately 5 million men to become members, and over 10,000 new users download the app daily. The software may presently be used in over 2,000 cities across 180 countries. A free membership allows users to browse the site anonymously and use the swiping feature within a community that includes gay, bi, Trans, and queer guys.
Critical features of Jack'd
- You can rapidly communicate, fave, or unlock private photos while swiping several images.
- You can search for people based on who they are, what they're into, their relationship status, and more.
- View everyone in the immediate area or broaden your perspective to include people from all around the world
- Every day, you will be presented with a new group of potential matches, and you can swipe up to read more about them.
Wapo and Wapa are given four out of five stars in the app stores, making them two of the most popular and highly rated LGBT+ dating applications in the gay community. Wapo is among one of the most popular gay dating apps in Spain, while on the other hand, Wapa is one of the most popular lesbian dating apps in the world, with significant user bases in Spain, Italy, and South Korea. The same company owns both apps; you can download them on an Android tablet and many more devices.
Key features of Wapo
- TRAVEL: log in to other locations to meet men before you travel there
- PRIVATE PHOTOS: lock your face pictures and have complete control over who sees them
- FILTER: save time by seeing only the type of guys you are interested in meeting
- TRACKS: check who saw your profile and even what they think of you
Are you into bears? GROWLr is, in a very genuine sense, where wild things are. GROWLr was created exclusively for cubs, bears, and dadbods, in contrast to Scruff, which does cater at least partially to people with lean physiques.
Key features of GROWLr
- Members may be identified by basic information, such as who is online and nearby.
- Profile images do not need to be pre-approved after being uploaded
- The check-in tool allows you to share the present location of your Android tablet and find guys in the area when you use it.
- Check out the GROWLr calendar of events to learn about upcoming bear-related activities in your neighborhood
Daddyhunt is widely recognized as one of the largest and most successful online dating platforms catering to guys over 40. It has almost 200,000 people who are registered with it. The site covers a relatively large area. You can interact with more than 12,000 people in the gay community simultaneously if you choose to do so. You will come across a wide variety of mature males, including bald men, muscular men, computer nerds, trim men, truck drivers, company executives, and trimmed men.
Key features of Daddyhunt
- A search that is both quick and easy for homosexual men. Thanks to the different dating search tools and available filters, you can locate precisely what you're looking for.
- Private and secure chatting, where you may share your most excellent photographs and videos with other users.
- You can upload a picture on your device, like an Android tablet, to social networking sites like Facebook and share it in public and private settings.
Chappy was chosen as the final app that is comparable to Grindr.
Gay hookup apps promote Chappy as the gentleman's choice since they have a sophisticated appearance and features preventing users from accidentally crossing emotional cables. Choose on a sliding scale whether you're seeking Mr. Good, Mr. Good Now, or Mr. Who Knows, and then you'll be matched with many guys with the same goal as you.
Key features of Chappy
- You'll need a photo of your face! Every image on Chappy reveals something authentic about the subject.
- Show more of your unique personality by integrating Instagram.
- Did you make a mistake? Use the Backtrack button to undo your most recent swipe
GuySpy calls itself the top homosexual social network; people can also find other users by location. Men can form meaningful relationships rather than just casual encounters and dating. It is a network that connects people based on mutual likes and passions. The GuySpy website provides all you need if you're eager to meet some hot local singles for a no-strings-attached connection.
Key features of GuySpy
- View gorgeous gay men in your region.
- Private Photos usually show only the males you want to see your private photos.
- You can chat with other attractive gay men and exchange infinite images and videos.
- Send as many voices and chat messages as you like.
Those were a few of the top Grindr alternatives available. Straight people can meet the love of their lives with the aid of these applications. By making payments in these programs, you may also receive a few extra advantages and raise your chances of finding possible partners. What are you still holding out for?
If you download these apps immediately, your soul mate is only a swipe away.