Parsec is a great tool for gamers to connect their gaming PC to any device and be able to access and play games online anywhere. With it, you can play your game at 60 FPS on any device and also invite your friends to join. However, sometimes it might not be available for use, it can be that it is not compatible with your device or is unable to download, in events like this, don't worry too much as there are various alternatives that perform the same function as the tool sometimes even with an additional feature.
Parsec is a proprietary desktop capture application primarily used to play games via video streaming. Using Parsec, users can stream video game footage over an Internet connection, allowing one person to run the game on one computer but play it remotely from another device. While its primary focus is gaming, Parsec can also be used as a low-latency desktop sharing software.
Talk about a great alternative and Remotr is deservedly at the top of the list. With its smooth streaming and short reaction time, this free-to-use application allows you to play PC games directly on your mobile device at any time.
It also has control presets for the most popular computer games and gamers can modify and customize controls for each game without any glitches.
- Its interface is user-friendly
- Has core features like support for the OTG gamepad and local co-op gameplay.
This alternative is a free- to- use video game streaming service where you can play your favorite PC games on any device type for an unlimited amount of time. It is easy to use without the need for any IP or forward ports as the solution takes care of this to allow you to play your games remotely on secured channels. The system allows 60FPS streams that give you the best gaming experience; it is simple, it is fast and it is perfect for you.
- You may use your preferred physical keyboard.
- The implementation is nearly excellent but not flawless.
- Rainway's gaming platform gives its services for free
For IOS users that are finding it difficult to find the right alternative to Parsec, Moonlight is the app for them. Formerly called Limelight, this platform enables you to play PC games on your phone with no stress without sacrificing game resolution.
Whether it is being used on the PC or on mobile, it maintains its 4K resolution and has an easy-to-navigate UI design. It is also free to use.
One thing to note however is that its sound quality might not be the best but its strengths overshadow the weaknesses.
- Simple user interface design.
- Excellent 4K resolution for improved gaming.
- It's completely free.
This is a good alternative for macOS users as they would be able to control their PCs and connect them easily to their smartphones to play PC games. Its excellent security and encryption mean there will be no unauthorized access to the system.
- The app is straightforward and easy to use
- Allows users to adjust image quality with specific tools
- Has great features like File sharing, and VNC Viewer
- It has an effective help center that handles any issues that might arise.
- Since it isn’t portable, you need to decide what to download.
- It’s not as free as the other tools
This app is not free to use however and requires in-app purchases to access certain features.
Loud play is a remote gaming platform that is compatible with all operating systems (Android, Mac devices, Windows) and allows you to enjoy PC games on mobile without issue.
- You can also connect it to a bigger screen by using an HDMI cable or to an Android TV.
- It has HD graphics and gives great value at little cost.
6. GeForce NOW
This is another excellent substitute for Parsec as it uses a cloud streaming platform that makes it easy for users to connect their Android phones to their PC games and allows it to run seamlessly.
It is subscription-based however and requires you to log into your account from your phone to continue from where you stopped on your PC and has numerous games in its library.
It has an easy-to-use and intuitive UI design with stable gameplay and can also be used on Smart TVs and tablets.
- The user interface is simple and straightforward.
- The gameplay is fairly steady in comparison to other platforms.
- You receive fast connectivity for a more enjoyable gaming experience.
- It has alibrary with lots of games inside.
This cloud gaming platform is another great Parsec alternative with a number of interesting PC games that can be played on your phone and other mobile devices.
It has a simple interface with good graphic quality which allows you to customize each game page; it also allows the use of a physical keyboard connected through Bluetooth for easy gameplay with VR options available as well as a low latency.
It should be noted that while the sound quality is not the best out there, its other features more than makeup for it.
- It is a platform for cloud gaming.
- You can stream live games, and the graphics are excellent.
- It also supports Virtual reality and has a minimal latency.
This open-source cloud gaming platform can also be used instead of Paresac with its high extensibility, smooth portability, and ease of configuration. This app supports Linux and Windows and, as the name implies, can be used to “game anywhere” on other Operating systems like OS X and Android.
- For eclectic users, it can be customized to their taste
- It has high responsiveness with excellent video quality that does not consume too much network traffic.
Another application that allows users access to remotely play any PC game on smartphones and other mobile devices with relative ease. It has a user-friendly interface and differs a little from the others by allowing access to a lot of PC games without the need for a PC.
- It has high video quality with low latency and in case of an emergency
- Has good customer support that is available to solve any emergency.
- It is also available to users of any Operating System.
- One doesn’t require a PC to play computer games when they have this software.
- The user interface layout is appealing and user-friendly.
So, if you are searching for an alternative to Parsec, this app is for you.
10. Jump Desktop
With just an IP address, you can access software on your computer through other PCs and Ipad with this application.
All this requires is a high-speed internet connection and you will be able to access all the PC games at your disposal from anywhere you want to.
- It supports dual display which means you can access it at the same time on 2 different devices.
- It does not reduce the graphics and colors in the game when you access it through the Ipad.
11. Steam Link
By just pairing a Bluetooth or Steam Controller to your device, you can link your desktop games to your Android device. All you have to do is connect it to a computer running Steam on the same local network and voila, you are able to play your existing Steam games on your mobile device.
- Its use is not only limited to your mobile device as it can work on your tablets and TV as well.
- It is free and easy to use and supports the Steam Controller over Bluetooth as well as other devices like Mouses and Keyboards.
This remote desktop application is optimized to allow users to stream games on their Android smartphones, tablet, or televisions.
- This application has an HD resolution of up to 60 frames per second
- It allows the user to control games with touchscreen gestures, an external gamepad, and virtual on-screen joysticks amongst others.
- It also allows external game controllers compatible with Androids and allows preferential customization.
- It also automatically adds Steam games to your library with prebuilt optimized controls for popular games.
If you want to be able to play PC games on the go, then this application is meant for you.
It provides an awesome gaming experience with limitless access to as many games as you like in the best resolution there is- 4K.
One thing it does require is a good internet connection to make your on-the-go gaming experience go as smoothly as possible and as clear as it should be.
The graphic quality of this app is great and it has a chat box where you can input questions you want to ask and you will be given a prompt response.
- It has a community center that is enormous and easily accessible. A chat box supports users who need assistance with something.
- It has a fast response time and outstanding graphic quality.
This cloud-based gaming platform created by Google allows users to play their favorite video games across different screens seamlessly.
It is subscription-based and allows Pro subscribers to stream games across all devices in 4K HDR and 60 FPS quality while non-subscribers will be able to stream their games in 1080p and 60 FPS.
For TVs, users will need a Stadia Premiere Edition that can be played using a Stadia Controller and Google Chromecast.
- It supports screen splits
TeamViewer is an app that allows remote access and control to any desktop and mobile platform. It gives you access to any computer or mobile device and allows you to operate them as if you are there. It is a great alternative to Parsec as you can access your gaming PC through your mobile phone or any device of your choice and will be able to play your games from there easily.
- It can be used on Windows, macOS, Android, and IOS.
- Has flexible sharing alternatives
All these applications are great alternatives for when you do not have access to Paresec and will enable you to play your favorite PC games across all screens with ease and without losing graphic and video quality.
We’d be happy to hear your experience in any of the alternatives in this article. All the comments and reviews are highly appreciated.