Netflix is the most popular streaming service in the world which is available in 190 countries and has 192.95 million paying subscribers worldwide. If you are already one of Netflix's subscribers and you've tried to watch it with a VPN, you've probably encountered the proxy error: Error code M7111-5059 which says: “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
In this article, we are going to tell you how to fix this proxy error. But, first, let's talk about Geo-blocking.
What is Geo-blocking and why Netflix use it?
In the digital world, Geo-blocking is a common strategy used by companies like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc. that offer premium content on the internet. This technique actually restricts the availability of specific content to a geographical location. For example, I live in the United States of America but, because of my job I travel a lot especially to Turkey.
While I am in Turkey and want to watch Netflix, it just shows me the Turkish library and I no longer have access to my American library. It means that I cannot continue watching my favorite series while I am traveling and if I try to do so I will get this error message: This title is not available in your current region.
Apart from Netflix's originals, the streaming service also offers movies owned by other vendors. These movies are mostly licensed to be distributed in specific countries. That's the reason Netflix implements Geo-Blocking and restrict its content to the user's geographical location.
How does Netflix detect you are using a VPN or proxy?
A VPN or proxy hides your real IP address and changes it to a new one. So, for streaming services like Netflix, you will be able to view the content of the country which is related to your new IP address. But as we mentioned earlier, because of distribution laws, Netflix doesn’t want this to happen. That's why it started banning VPNs and proxies since 2016. But how can Netflix detect using a VPN or proxy so it can block it?
One of the most common ways of doing that is checking your IP address. As we mentioned above, a VPN or proxy changes your IP address. Now, if Netflix recognizes that your IP address belongs to a VPN or proxy, it blocks it.
Now, you get to understand why many of the VPNs that claim to be able to unblock Netflix, stop working after a short time or even don't work from the beginning. But you don't have to be disappointed. There are still some VPNs that can bypass Netflix proxy error in 2020 and Wachee VPN is one of them. With Wachee, you don’t need to worry about Netflix's proxy error because you will never face it!
Why is Wachee the best VPN to get around Netflix proxy error?
There are so many reasons why Wachee is one of the Best VPNs for Netflix and other streaming services. Let's count some of them:
- Wachee is an exclusive VPN for Netflix and other streaming services like Hulu. When a product focuses on one specific service, it will increase the quality of the service considerably. That's exactly true about Wachee, which means it does its job perfectly fine.
- Wachee's servers are the best ones and since they are all over the world, they enable you to stream from where ever you are. You also do not need to worry about changing the servers. If Wachee detects that Netflix has blocked a server, it will automatically change it for you.
- With its current locations, Wachee enables you to access more than 90% of all Netflix content worldwide. We are doing our best to add more locations in the near future to our user's satisfaction.
- Wachee is highly secure. Since it works exclusively for Netflix and Hulu, it only tunnels their traffic and has nothing to do with the traffic of your other websites or your banking information. Also, in Wachee, we don’t collect any extra data like your name, phone number, location, browsing history, etc. All you need to do is verifying your email address for creating your account.
- When it comes to the price, Wachee offers you one of the best plans in the market. Besides that, it also has a free limited service for the users to test it and a 10-days money-back guarantee which allows you to request a refund within 10 days of your purchase and we will return your payment without any questions.