Do you want the best financial budget tool to help you manage your bills and finances in one place without stress? These top best Mint alternatives help you manage and track your money, daily expenses, and transactions effortlessly.
What is Mint?
Mint is a free financial budgeting tool. It enables you to manage both your outgoing and incoming money in one place. It allows you to link all your accounts, PayPal wallets, debit cards, credit cards, etc.
By linking these accounts, Mint lets you keep track of your money and know where you invest and save. Also, It enables you to manage your bills/other payments. It does this by providing a message alert in order not to miss your payment. With this, you can stay on top of your time and money.
Also, Mint has more than twenty million users. It also provides an online version to enable you to manage your finances directly from there.
Why do you need to switch from Mint to its Alternatives?
- Mint lacks reconciliation. That is, the downloaded data is assumed to be correct; therefore, you cannot reconcile against bank statements or transactions.
- It has poor customer service support. There are numerous unanswered questions, unresolved complaints, and a lack of supports for users.
- Mint doesn’t offer any fine investment tool, unlike its alternatives. One can only use Mint for a short period and not for the long term.
- It constantly displays ads related to your search and preferences on its websites. This prevents user interaction with the dashboard and leaves a poor experience.
- It has one of the biggest issues with customer data synchronization. It interrupts your connectivity with different banks and doesn’t connect with smaller banks. It always asks you to rebuild your connectivity with banks, and it might leave your data not updated for days/weeks.
Top 10 Best Mint Alternatives We Recommend for 2023
1. Personal Capital
Personal Capital is like Mint. It is absolutely free to use and acts as a web-based app. It functions better by focusing more on retirement and investment instead of simply letting you know how and where you spend your money.
Also, Personal Capital is an application that helps you track and manage your money with investment options and proper budgeting.
Features of Personal Capital:
- Persona Capital has much better security, and it includes Fingerprint scanning, 246-bit- AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), Read-only platform, Two-factor authentication, etc.
- They offer good customer service support. They can be contacted 24/7 a week, and they are always committed to listening to your problems. Also, they provide live advisors for wealth management service.
- They provide investment tracking. This enables you to invest rightly at the right time and see where it leads you.
- Personal Capital provides a free financial dashboard to monitor all your financial transactions and enable you to spend wisely.
- It is a single platform for both investment management and budgeting that enables you to build a better tomorrow.
Tiller isn’t like other apps. It functions in an entirely different way. It manages and displays your entire financial data in a spreadsheet that is automatically updated daily.
Also, Tiller is believed to be the only tool that automatically updates Excel and Google Sheet for your everyday transactions and expenses. All you have to do is sign with Google in just three steps, and you are all set to rock.
Features of Tiller:
- Tiller categorizes your transactions automatically according to your rules and guidance. It allows you to categorize your transactions too manually.
- The best part about Tiller is that it doesn’t show ads according to your finances; it secures your data with Two-factor authentication and 256-bit AES encryption.
- Its spreadsheet workflows enable you to use pivot tables, charts, custom reports, favorite add-ons, and familiar formulas.
- Tiller helps you manage everything in one place, such as seeing your daily transactions from eighteen thousand different resources directly into your Google sheet.
- It uses Google sheets templates for businesses and personal finance. Tiller automates your boring stuff.
3. YNAB (You Need A Budget)
YBAB (You Need A Budget) is an award-winning software. It possesses a different concept from the other tools. YNAB focuses more on obtaining full control over money. Their slogan is “Stop Living Pay Check-to-Pay Check, Get out of Debt, and Save More Money.”
YNAB teaches you how you can manage your money like a boss and achieve something good. It believes that new budgeters save 600 dollars monthly on an average basis and 600 dollars by their first year.
Features of YNAB (You Need A Budget):
- YNAB secures your data with bcrypt encryption of user data and hashing of all passwords.
- It provides over a hundred free and live workshops for personal support to their users.
- It allows you to track your goals, watch out for your charts, graphs, and reports; it also helps you set a budgeting nerd and move towards progress.
- YNAB enables you to budget with your partner by accessing real-time information from any device and anywhere.
- It is a proven and tested technique of budgeting successfully and building a successful future for progress.
This app is one of the best apps used for gaining control over finances. Several of its users affirm that there is no other software that provides the breadth and depth of tools than Quicken. Many business organizations use Quicken because it is the best and most supportive and reliable financial management tool.
While this tool still dominates the financial software program universe, several Quicken alternatives exist.
Features of Quicken:
- Quicken provides effective customer support and 5 Gigabyte storage from Dropbox
- It allows you to manage/view your bills and monitor your investments easily.
- It provides smart tracking that helps you manage your spending and assists you in saving more.
- Quicken allows you to get your complete financial life picture at a glance in one place.
This tool is a personal finance management tool developed by IGG software for both iOS and Mac OS platforms. Banktivity was initially called iBank and was later renamed Banktivity. It has released about seven versions of desktop software with advanced and new functionalities in each version. Banktivity enables you to connect all your accounts and allows you to make smarter decisions.
Features of Banktivity:
- Banktivity provides mobility, budgets, file management, flexible tags, customizable categories, comparative reports, etc.
- Its importing features provide web download, download, direct access, importing from Quicken, and inline importing.
- Its calendar features offer investment performance, scheduled transactions, posted transactions, and running balance.
- Banktivity functions with various currencies and lets you download exchange rates of different currencies.
- It also provides various types of accounts such as hide and show accounts, cash with debt and loan management, details, account groups, investment, savings, etc.
6. Every Dollar
Every Dollar is a free software used for removing money stress and budget management. Every Dollar enables you to create a budget and achieve your monthly goal. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
Every Dollar also provides its Plus for those who desire premium budgeting and advanced features. However, the Plus is not free to use.
Features of Every Dollar:
- Features such as bank syncing, debt reduction tool, split transactions, Multi-transaction drop make it more convenient.
- Every Dollar helps you create a transaction and track it to your budget and also track your monthly spending for each time you spend.
- It provides customizable templates for you to add your monthly income, start your budget, and plan your expenses.
This software is a personal finance management software. Moneydance has various features such as budgeting, investment management, account management, net banking, online bill payment, etc. Also, it enables you to handle numerous currencies with payment reminders. It also allows you to carry out any financial task virtually.
Features of Moneydance:
- Moneydance allows you to set up a payment reminder on your desktop and mobile.
- It enables you to generate a portfolio and follow your investments.
- It has an account register that lets you enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account.
- Moneydance automatically calculates balances and sort the transactions.
- It provides graphs and reports that enable you to visualize your income and expenses. You can print and save the graph as an image.
- It also offers an account summary that gives you’re a complete overview of your finances, such as upcoming and overdue transactions, expenses, investments, and net balance.
- Moneydance provides online banking that automatically groups your transaction and cleans up your history whenever needed.
PocketSmith is a time machine used for your money cash flow forecasts. It helps you understand your money. PocketSmith enables you to control unnecessary spending and track your money.
It enables you to see your finances for up to thirty years in advance. Also, with the help of the PocketSmith search engine, you can easily find old transactions.
Features of PocketSmith:
- PocketSmith offers complete security with two-factor authentication, import data from Mint and invite other users, and provide email notifications for your ease.
- It provides the finest reporting with an interactive dashboard, income, net worth, expenses, and cash flow statement.
- PocketSmith helps you handle multiple currencies, budget calendar, flexible budgeting, and powerful and easy forecasting.
- It allows you to find and organize your transactions in a category with automatic live bank feeds and send your expenses to zero.
CountAbout is a secure, easy, and customizable personal finance software. It can import from Mint or Quicken and also automate your transaction downloads. CountAbout helps you manage your money from anywhere. Its tracking features are much better than Mint and Quicken. Also, it has received excellent reviews from industry users.
Features of CountAbout:
- CountAbout provides QIF importing, Attachments, iOS and Android apps, report exporting, etc.
- It provides register balance, description renaming, recurring transactions, invoicing, and reporting for tag and category activity.
- With CountAbout, you can split transactions, carry out accountreconciliation, reports & graphs, invest, and budget.
- It supports transactions between over 1,000 financial institutions, category customization, tags, and Multi-factor login protection.
Status functions as a social network for your finances. It enables you to connect with your peers or loved ones and share financial reports and tips with them. With Status, you can compare finances and generate insights that can intelligently manage your money.
Features of Status:
- Free credit monitoring, cash flow projections, account alerts, easy budgeting, net worth tracking, etc.
- It helps you manage and track your financial data, perform comparisons, and link all your accounts.
- It functions as a social media account for topics and queries related to your finance. It helps you earn badges and rewards.
- Status enables you to connect to peers and obtain the latest finance-related information.
- It anonymously posts questions and gets likes on your post.
There isa lot of finance and money management software available in the market. This article looks into the various Mint alternatives that can best serve your needs. Each software tool provides numerous sets of features while some others provide similar ones.
For instance, there isn’t any significant difference between Banktivity and Status. They are both used for financial management. The only difference between them is that Banktivity is for iOS and Mac OS, while Status is predominantly like social media app.
If you desire better and more powerful tools, then PocketSmith, YNAB, Quicken, and Power Capital are the best available options for saving and better investment purposes. The only disadvantage is that they are somewhat costlier.
Also, tools such as CountAbout, Tiller, Every Dollar, and Moneydance have a different perspective, and they can also be used for personal finance management.