Is Netflix down, or are you having trouble accessing Netflix? These steps guide you on how to resolve Netflix issues and stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and series without any problem.
Over the years, Netflix has become one of the best platforms for streaming quality movies, TV shows, TV series, etc. However, it still has some minor issues and glitches in streaming. Often time, people question ‘Is Netflix Down?’ This is because they might have been unable to access the site, stream their favorite movies, TV series, or TV shows, or other minor issues such as failed network connection. ‘Is Netflix down’ problem can also be that there is an issue with the network server. If all these are the issues, your Netflix will temporarily go down and become unavailable for streaming movies. If you are faced with the ‘is Netflix down’ challenges, do not worry. You are not alone as this is absolutely normal and doesn’t call for alarm. This article has been put in place to help resolve this issue. All you have to do is follow the procedure and methods diligently, and you will have your Netflix up and running again.
Is Netflix Down? Guide of errors and Resolve Issues
If you’re faced with ‘is Netflix down’ issue, follow these procedures to resolve it now.
- Firstly, you have to troubleshoot. Your device has to be troubleshot.
- Find out the major areas where individuals who use Netflix are mainly faced with Netflix errors.
- Once you have a message depicting an error on your device screen, go to the Netflix help page to find out the kind of error it could be.
- You can also visit the Netflix siteif you’re having a black screen.
- If you have gone through the process of troubleshooting and you are still faced with the same issue, then you have to seek Netflix help by visiting their help center page.
Follow these quick fixes if you’re still faced with the ‘is Netflix down’ issue
1. Login to Your Netflix Account Again
Re-login into your Netflix is one of the commonest procedures to fix the error. Once you’re signed in to your Netflix account, it is advisable to sign-out from every other device you might have logged in before or any other device you have your Netflix account opened. After logging out, wait a little, the login again to see if the issue will be solved.
2. Try Re-installing Your Netflix Application
The second method of solving the ‘is Netflix down’ issue is to uninstall and re-install the application to see if the issue will be solved. To do this, follow this procedure:
- Visit Google Play Store(if you’re an Android user) or Apple Store (if you’re an iPhone user).
- Type ‘Netflix’ in the search bar. The Netflix application will appear on your screen.
- The ‘Uninstall’ and ‘Update’ options will appear close to the application. You can either ‘uninstall’ the application or simply ‘update’ it.
3. Try Restarting Your Device
This method is common among everyone. Sometimes, whenever we are faced with our devices malfunctioning, we often put off the device and restart it. Often, the application may become too overloaded due to the presence of other apps on your devices. This may cause your Netflix application to run slow or become unable to open. Therefore, by simply restarting your device, your Netflix might be able to run again.
4. Another Option is to Have Your Device Updated
Updating your device is an important option for devices that have become too outdated, or the software version has become too old. The old software version can make your device run slow and eventually affect your Netflix application. Therefore, ensure your iPhone or Android devices are updated. To do this, follow this procedure:
- Search for your phone settings in the app menu.
- Click on the account setting
- Tap the ‘update’ option and follow the subsequent options that will come up on your screen.
5. Check Your Network/Internet Connection
Another major cause of the ‘is Netflix down’ issue might be a poor internet connection. If this is the case with you, then you have to do the following:
- First and foremost, check your internet speed.
- The other thing to look out for is the connection to your router. Find out if it is properly connected. If not, try unplugging and re-plugging it to see if it will solve the issue.
- Ensure you don’t connect a lot of devices to your device hotspot. This might cause your internet speed to become slow. And affect Netflix playback.
If you are still faced with ‘is Netflix down’ issue after carrying out these procedures, you might have to do the following.
6. Examine the DNS
If you are still unable to fix the ‘is Netflix down’ issue after carrying out the methods we have discussed, you don’t have to fret. All you have to do is to refresh your PC’s DNS and IP to see if the issue will be solved. To refresh your PC’s DNS and IP, follow this procedure:
- Navigate to your computer’s START button. Type out the following command: ‘cmd.’
- After this, tap on the COMMAND PROMPT option and select the RUN AS ADMIN option.
- When you have done this, type the following: ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ and click the ENTER button.
- The last step is to close the CMD. That’s all. You have successfully refreshed your PC’s DNS.
7. Examine the Browser
This is the last method on our list of solving the ‘is Netflix down’ issue. Often time, we encounter difficulty with our device application when the browser is not properly working. If this is the case, all you have to do is to use another browser. If Opera is your preferred browser, try changing to Firefox. You can also change your browser from Firefox/Opera to Chrome if the former has an issue. After this, ensure to clear your browser’s history because it can lead to caching several cookies, passwords, and even URLs.
Is Netflix down? Worry no more as these quick fixes and methods are the best ways to resolve any Netflix issue. What you have to do is follow each step carefully, and you will have your Netflix running again without any hassle.