A student’s life is a crucial step toward adulthood. You learn how to balance your social and academic life; you discover finance and time management. Dealing with academic papers gives you the opportunity to master writing and critical thinking.
That’s why you should pay attention to the hacks that can ease your life and make you better at writing.
One of the most obvious ways to improve your skills is constant practicing. Sometimes, a college essay writing service can lend you a helping hand in this journey. You can reach success by combining your efforts with professional assistance.
Here are some insights that can boost your productivity and enhance your essay quality at the same time.
Start With Sources
The first step in any writing is searching for sources. Whether you write fiction or academic essays, sources give you a solid basis for your arguments. You can return the time spent on search by writing your essay fast. Otherwise, you will have zero ideas on how to support your claims.
Start by searching academic papers and studies via Google Scholar. You need to use keywords that are relevant to your paper. Try to check all possible sources that either support or refute your initial argument and write them down.
This part of writing may seem to be one of the hardest, but it is worth doing. Never delay your source search till the last moment; better work on it even before you come up with the final topic of your paper.
Save materials and links that can be helpful in the short- or long-term perspective. You can grow your own sources collection and use them for other assignments. Think three steps ahead, and you will be among the best students in your course.
As you have found all needed sources, compose a “References” or “Works Cited” page beforehand. It takes minutes to add a proper citation. It gives you another opportunity to focus on writing and not to worry about making a reference list at the last moment.
Moreover, proper citation is a key aspect of your academic paper’s success. Never underestimate the power of referencing and avoid plagiarizing someone else’s ideas. You have to be attentive to what you are borrowing and what you are transforming.
Use an Essay Formula
Every sentence in your essay is valuable. However, it is important to remember that a standard essay has the same formula:
- an introduction;
- body paragraphs;
- a conclusion.
You should introduce your topic and provide a thesis statement (a sentence that presents your claim and outlines the points discussed throughout the paper). Each body paragraph should be dedicated to one idea you are exploring. A conclusion is never the repetition of your topic but the overview of the findings you can draw from done research.
You will never fail your task if you stick to this formula. Each time you write, it would be easier and faster to finish your paper.
Create a Template for Formatting
Another crucial aspect of academic writing is standard formatting. The easiest way to save your time in the future is by creating a template with adjusted technical details. Then, you will copy your template and start writing without having to worry about format editing.
Here is a convenient checklist for your consideration:
- title page;
- reference list;
- font and margins.
Prevent Writer’s Block
Many writers recognize the fear of blank pages but have no idea what to do with it. We have collected several methods of fighting writer’s block.
- Don’t forget to have a proper rest. Take the time to go for a walk, watch your favorite movie, and read books beyond your curriculum. If you are burned out or feel overwhelmed, talk with the responsible people or even your instructor. Educational institutions try to provide their students with proper support.
- Don’t procrastinate up until several hours before the deadline. The closer the deadline is, the harder it is to focus because you waste your time panicking. As soon as you get instructions, start brainstorming the possibilities to approach the assignment. You can make notes, return to them later, and reconsider the research options.
- Always prepare a bulleted list and an outline for the future paper. It takes minutes to come up with a plan or revise it. This way, you get a clearer idea of the final paper.
- Consider getting professional assistance. However, don’t expect people to fulfill your “do my essay for me” request in several clicks. Academic help is always about figuring out how to make your writing better. You have to cooperate with people who are working with you.
- Don’t shy away from reading your sources thoughtfully. All case studies and research papers you can find on ResearchGate or Academic.edu are great examples of how an academic paper should look like. When you have a spare moment, spend it exploring other people’s works.
The main principle of completing your paper fast is not to get done with it as soon as possible. It is more about the efficiency of your writing and your ability to finish assignments within the deadline.
Academic writing nurtures your critical thinking skills, and it is perfect training for making important decisions wisely. Therefore, to write your papers faster, take care of yourself, save useful materials, create your templates, and do everything in time.