The short and sweet answer here is yes, Ivacy VPN does indeed work on Firestick.
What are we going to discuss today?
What we’re going to do is show you how this is done, and go through step-by-step instructions on how to set up Ivacy VPN on a Firestick.
What’s a Firestick?
Firestick is a useful little tool, in the form of a USB that you plug into your TV. Allowing your TV to stream content such as Netflix, HBO Go, and many others, they provide a wealth of entertainment.
Why do I need to install a VPN on my Firestick?
The only problem is, this content is often geo-restricted. With a VPN you can access international content while also making whatever you watch, more private.
Why should I have a VPN on my Firestick?
In order to access the best content as quickly as possible and to increase your privacy because,
Often, your viewing history is carefully monitored in order to shape the way advertisements are presented to you.
If that thought makes you uncomfortable, then using a VPN with your Firestick is a good idea.
How do I install Ivacy VPN on my Firestick?
Here, we break it down into 10 simple and easy to follow steps:
- Step 1: Make sure that you’ve downloaded Ivacy VPN beforehand. You’ll subsequently create a login that will allow you to access Ivacy on various devices.
- Step 2: Plug your Firestick in your TV and open Firestick home.
- Step 3: Navigate to the top left-hand corner of the screen where you’ll find a yellow magnifying glass.
- Step 4: Search for Ivacy VPN.
- Step 5: Download the Ivacy App by clicking at the ‘Get’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 6: Open Firestick home again and navigate to Ivacy VPN.
- Step 7: Log in with your Ivacy VPN email and password.
- Step 8: Select server of the country, the content of which you wish to stream.
- Step 9: Go onto your desired app which will now stream content from that geographic region chosen.
- Step 10: Ivacy VPN has now been successfully installed on your Firestick. Unblock entertainment at your discretion!
This process is made possible because Ivacy VPN supports a special Firestick app that you can download, you can get more details about Ivacy VPN via our review here.
Now that you know how to set-up Ivacy VPN on your Firestick let’s have a look at some of the problems that you MAY encounter after having gone through the setup.
You find that your content is not being streamed at the speed that you hoped for.
This often occurs when one server becomes too overcrowded. All you need to do is change to another server and you should notice a significant improvement in the speed of whatever you are streaming via your Amazon Firestick.
Some sites are still geo-restricted. Technically, a VPN is meant to allow you to access restricted content. But some sites or apps are determined to remain restricted. All you need to do if you encounter this problem, easily change your protocol settings by simply going to the settings menu.
These are called ports and you can imagine that different ports override geo-restrictions in different ways, so they’re definitely worth a shot.
What shall I do if I’ve got an older Firestick?
Our honest advice would be not to use a VPN on an older Firestick, but there are a few ways in which you can make it work.
Use Ivacy VPN as a service provider on your WiFi Router. Bear in mind, however, that only some WiFi routers are enabled to deal with VPN functionality.
If you set this up, any devices that you use through WiFi will be protected via VPN.
Another, slightly more complicated method of doing this is setting up a VPN WiFi hotspot. This is a similar concept to one we have outlined above. The only difference is that here the VPN connection is not on the router, but through the hotspot.
Now that I’ve set up Ivacy VPN on the Firestick, what can I watch on it?
All of the latest programs as soon as they are released!
By setting up Ivacy VPN on your Firestick you obviously open the doors to a whole new world of content.
Let’s take Netflix as an example.
If you watch Netflix from England but wish to access US Netflix to watch the latest episodes then you end up saving yourself a whole lot of anticipation.
A tangible example of it is when famous shows that are released on HBO Go like Game of Thrones.
When the next cult classic is produced, you’ll want to stay ahead of the game.
As well as streaming content from around the world.
- ProjectFreeTV: 15 Best Free TV Streaming Sites like Project Free TV
- 10 Best Free Movie Streaming sites: Putlocker Alternatives for Movies
- 10 Free Live TV Streaming Sites no subscription Needed
Installing Ivacy VPN on a Firestick is a relief with our easy to follow 10 steps guide which will have you up and running in no time.
Because Ivacy VPN has an app specifically made for Firestick, you will not encounter any compatibility issues either, which is why the download process is smooth and user friendly.
Overall, we’d say that it’s definitely worth combining the powers of Ivacy VPN with Amazon Firestick.