Your data is more critical than ever. While our life becomes online in each step, data sharing in USB devices endangers your information to a certain degree. But there are multiple solutions to prevent viruses coming from external devices.
First of all, the gateway is open to all sorts of malware if your machine is linked to the Internet, let’s admit it. And this situation applies to all of us. We are in danger of harming our devices or losing our data on the internet when browsing sites, downloading files, viewing photos, or videos. If a virus is on your computer, it slowly displays itself.
To find out whether your device is compromised, we recommend that you follow the recommendations below:
- Make sure there is antivirus software on your device. Open this program and activate the “Full scan” option and scan the whole computer. If you do not have antivirus software, download, and quickly scan at least with a trial version.
- Enter Start and open your programs or apps && features. Take a look at the programs here. Uninstall the programs if there some unfamiliar or unnamed of them and then restart the computer
However, here comes a big “BUT”
- Antivirus programs cannot detect every virus. So, when using your device, if anything goes wrong and your computer has a tough time operating, you should think about the worst case. For example, when you want to launch the programs you use all the time, if you have crashes, the most important indicator is the virus.
- If the performance of your machine has recently halved and it freezes, it is most likely the virus damage.
- If you have unexpectedly increased file sizes you use all the time, this is an indication of a virus. For example, if the usual file size is 10 MB, but it seems to be 800 MB, and you find that no document could create such a huge file size when you open it, you might be suspicious of containing a virus.
- Your machine can get infected instantly by viruses on corrupted USB sticks, external hard drives, or similar storage devices. You should not open them before scanning for viruses.
However, mostly all of us in a hurry and do not have time or urge to this scanning. So, how it can be possible to clean viruses in USB devices?
- In the Start section, type CMD in the search,
- The prompt command will appear in the form of a black window,
- Write the place where your flash opens to the command window (For example: “E:”)
- When it is at the below line, type the following command: -s -h / S / D *. *
- Download a trusted antivirus program
- With the virus software that you have downloaded, scan your USB device.
Using an Antivirus Program
On your computer, make sure to use one licensed and continually updated anti-virus software. We will suggest one of the programs such as Kaspersky, Mcafee, and Norton Antivirus. These applications are continuously being upgraded against recently released malware, thus minimizing external threats.
Virus cleaning on PC with antivirus software
- Upload and configure a scanner for viruses
- Get disconnected from the Internet
- Start in protected mode on your device
- Delete all temporary files
- Scan for viruses and remove or quarantine viruses found
- Restart the computer
Using a VPN for extra security
An effective VPN defends you from hackers and, from the prying eyes of ISPs, covers your activities. It also lets your computer appear to be physically located elsewhere thanks to the VPN server locations. Your actual location, then, becomes concealed.
As the ExpressVPN review lists out the details, VPN offers you network-level security. In other words, while antivirus programs are used to identify and clean viruses that reach the device locally, VPN protects you while you are surfing the internet.
It redirects to secure sites, prevents outside access to your local files, hides your IP address. In other words, viruses or malicious software are removed from you before they reach your computer. This includes warnings when downloading files.
There are also some antivirus + VPN packages available, and it is also possible to purchase the two software together.
How to use VPN
Much like every other application, VPN software is downloaded to the device and can be enabled by its own configuration wizard. You can also add VPN plugins on browsers such as Google Chrome as it is downloaded to the computer and do the work on the browser easily with VPN without running a program on the computer.
Paying Attention while Surfing on the Internet
Do no download files or free versions of programs from untrusted websites.
Do not download programs called Crack, because the market for these files is large but they are illegal, they are likely to contain viruses.
Please take time and be alert to clickbait emails or phishing attacks and do not open each random attachment of an email. Scan the document and if you do not know the source of the email or the sender, then, do not open it at all.
Last but not least
In the first years of computers, viruses were transmitted by CDs and disk disks. Since the advent of the Internet in our lives, more viruses are accessing and transmitting to machines over the Internet. As hardware, the most popular distribution of viruses still performed via USB device infections.
However, documents uploaded to USB can be secured. In that way, you can keep your computer and other people’s devices secure. Using antivirus and VPN ensures that documents that will enter these USB devices are safe from the beginning.
And if users get into the habit of scanning for viruses before opening the files in the USB sticks, they use, these crises can be prevented without data loss.