Do you want to capture images and record various activities on your PC to see how employees perform and interact with customers online? Choosing one of these best screen capture software helps you capture and record activities with ease.
Capturing your PC screen is an easy trick in every situation ranging from capturing web moments for historical purpose to creating tutorials. There are several software for capturing desktop screen.
This article provides a thorough list of the best screen capturing software that can help you capture any moment on your computer screen.
Top 30 Best Screen Capture Software <Free & Paid Randed>
Snagit is a nice screen capture software. It enables you to grab a frame from the video and capture both still images. Snagit has Smart Windows Detection. It enables you to trim images to select either part of the window or the whole window.
Features of Snagit:
- Snagit enables you to include visuals to your documents
- It edits with a few clicks
- With Snagit, you can capture your entire screen
- It is a screen capturing tool supported by windows
- It explains a process quickly and easily
Just like Snagit, this software is a powerful screen capture tool. Screenpresso lets you save all recent screen capture history and also save captured images in different formats.
Features of Screenpresso:
- Screenpresso helps you convert captured images into HTML, MS Word, or PDF documents
- It helps you highlight captured images with text boxes, colorful bubbles, arrows, etc.
- It is a powerful and lightweight screen capture tool with an inbuilt image editor
- Screenpresso is a screen capture tool for windows
PicPick is a screen capture software that provides a protractor, pixel ruler, color palette, color picker, built-in image editor, etc.
Features of PicPick:
- PicPick supports the floating widget Capture Bar. This enables you to easily take screenshots
- It highlights and annotates shapes, arrows, text, images, etc.
- It lets you take screenshots of any specific region, the scrolling windows, or an entire screen of your desktop
4. Ashampoo Snap
This software is a powerful screen capture tool used for creating videos and screenshots. Ashampoo enables you to create a screenshot of 3D full-screen games. In addition to this, it helps you to instantly capture all visible desktop windows as an object.
Features of Ashampoo Snap:
- With Ashampoo Snap, you can create real-time videos
- It offers all the information in one image
- It helps edit/capture any screen content
- It provides precision and flexibility for your captures
- Ashampoo Snap provides capturing tools for windows
Jing is a screen capture software that allows you to shared captured images on screencast.com to enable the URL to copy and paste the images. Jing is provided by TechSmith. It also lets you capture your desktop’s screen videos.
Features of Jing:
- Jing is a screen capture tool for both Mac Operating Systems and Windows
- It enables you to delete brand names from captured images
- With Jing, you can upload URL and images to social media platforms such as Flickr, YouTube, etc.
- It lets you share captured images easily and quickly
- It has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use
Greenshot is regarded as an open-source screen capture tool that lets you quickly capture screenshots of an entire screen, window, or selected region. Greenshot also enables you to capture scrolling web pages from the internet explorer and some other browsers.
Features of Greenshot:
- Greenshot enables you to quickly take a screenshot of selected images
- It easily obfuscates, highlights, or annotate part of the screenshot
- Greenshot is compatible with Window OS of any version
This is one of the best screen capture software that enables you to quickly create screenshots that suit your business needs.
Features of Fireshot:
- Fireshot enables you to quickly take a screenshot of selected images
- It is a screen capture software for windows
- It enables you to add text annotations, perform quick edits, and capture web pages
ShareX is an open-source and lightweight screen capture software. ShareX allows you to capture screenshots, record screens, share files and productivity tools.
Features of ShareX:
- ShareX is a window-supported screen capturing tool
- It allows you to easily share captured images
- ShareX provides Customizable workflows
- It comes with various tools such as a QR code generator, image editor, screen color picker, etc.
This is an easy-to-use screen capture tool that enables you to automate the process of cataloging and saving screenshots.
Features of Lightscreen:
- Lightscreen allows you to preview window using integrated images viewer
- It provides a system trail icon for easy access
- It is a screen capture tool compatible with Linux and Windows
- With Lightscreen, you can take configurable actions with global hotkey access functionalities
10. Snipping Tool
This screen capture software allows you to easily take a screenshot of your screen. Snipping Tool allows users to capture a selected area or a whole screen in a rectangular form.
Features of Snipping Tool:
- Snipping Tool is a screen capturing tool compatible with Windows OS
- It allows you to copy and paste after capturing the screen
- It can store captured images in JPEG, GIF, and PNG format
- IT allows you to edit screenshot using a highlighter, a colored pen, etc.
11. FastStone Capture
FastStone Capture is a lightweight, powerful, full-featured screen capture tool that helps users annotate and capture everything on the screen, including web pages, objects, menus, and windows.
Features of FastStone Capture:
- It helps you draw annotation objects such as rectangles and circles, watermarks, highlights, arrowed lines, and texts.
- It allows you to captured numerous objects and windows such as multi-level menus
- FastStone Capture enables you to capture rectangular/freehand, full screen, menus, objects, windows, etc.
- It performs instant screen capturing using hotkeys
Skitch is one of the best screen capture software. It is an annotation, quick images, and screen capture tool that enables you to mark areas.
Features of Skitch:
- With Skitch, you can carry photograph annotation directly from the camera
- IT is available for iOS and Android mobile devices
- It provides a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface
- It is a free screen capturing tool for Windows OS and Mac
This tool helps you capture any screen according to a user-specified region or area. It allows you to highlight images using colored images and a pen. You can easily edit it with the help of a picture caption, arrow, or textbox.
Features of TinyTake:
- TinyTake helps you record areas of screen activity
- It lets you blur the selected part of the screenshot to hide sensitive data
- TinyTake captures images of a specific region or the entire screen
- It is a video recording and free screen capturing tool
Lightshot allows you to quickly take a screenshot of images. It enables users to take screenshots of marked areas that can be moved or resized easily.
Features of Lightshot:
- With Lightshot, you can automatically upload captured images online for share
- It allows you to edit a screenshot while capturing the screen
- It provides a user-friendly interface that enables you to work faster
- With just two clicks, you can capture your computer screen
15. Screenshot Captor
Screenshot Captor helps you capture images in a fixed-size window, scrolling window, selected area, full-screen mode, etc. It is an easy-to-use screen capture tool.
Features of Screenshot Captor:
- Screenshot Captor supports third-party configuration tools such as images editors and file browsers
- With Screenshot Captor, you can automatically and easily crop the extra margins of captured images
- It enables you to easily capture the screenshot of multiple monitors
- Screenshot Captor also lets you capture images from a webcam
- It is a free screenshot software available for Windows
16. Gadwin PrintScreen
Gadwin PrintScreen is the most convenient and easy-to-use screen capture tool. With Gadwin PrintScreen, you can assign a hotkey on keyboard to capture the screen with different modes.
Features of Gadwin PrintScreen:
- It allows you to put full-screen data on the clipboard
- It provides customizable export options for easy controls
- It available for windows
This screen capture software helps capture images according to the user-defined area, full screen and saves the images in GIF, PNG, and JPEG formats.
Features of SnapCrab:
- It provides multiple customizable options, such as modifying how to take a snapshot of the screen, defining your hotkey, etc.
- SnapCrab comes with a self-timer feature that enables users to set the time to automatically capture an image on the screen
- It is available for windows platform
Monosnap is a screen capture software that enables users to annotate/create screenshots and upload them to the cloud. It allows selected areas or parts of the screen.
Features of Monosnap:
- It helps you hide private information with its blur tool
- In a single click, it can upload a snapshot to storage
- It can capture a selected area of the screen, some part, or the entire screen
- It is a free software program available for Windows and Mac OS X
Shutter is a screenshot software rich in features. Shutter allows you to take screenshots of an entire website, your whole screen, window, or a specific area.
Features of Shutter:
- Shutter provides numerous plugins that enable you to include impressive effects to your screenshots
- Shutter enables you to capture every information on screen without losing control over the screenshots
- It is a screen capture tool available for Linux-based OS
This software is a powerful and easy-to-use snipping tool. Snipaste enables you to pin the screenshot back to the screen. It also allows you to convert color or text info in the clipboard into a floating image window.
Features of Snipeast:
- Snipaste supports HiDPI and multiple screens
- It provides detailed functionality options
- It helps to automatically detect UI elements
- It works on Windows OS
This screen capture software is one of the most popular screenshot software that enables you to find everything inside your screen, grab anything on your screen and share them anywhere.
Features of Gyazo:
- Gyazo allows to quickly find a captured area with automatic tagging
- It allows you to share the captured image anywhere
- It instantly captures your screen
22. Awesome Screenshot
Awesome screenshot is a screenshot tool that lets you capture every part of the web page, including adding comments, annotations, blur sensitive information, and sharing with one-click uploads.
Features of Awesome Screenshot:
- It helps you organize and store your images by project
- It provides specific feedback about your designs and screenshots
- It is a screenshot tool available for windows
This screen capture software is used for capturing/saving screens in multiple image formats. Hotshots also adds graphical data and annotations.
Features of Hotshots:
- It provides multi-screen and freehand capture
- It has an inbuilt magnification
- It can be sped up with HotKeys
- It is a full-featured yet easy tool
- It is a screen capture tool available for Linux
Snaggy is a straightforward tool used for sharing a snapshot on your screen. Snaggy enables you to share screenshots with just a click.
Features of Snaggy:
- It provides a fast workflow that only quires the minimum number of keypresses
- It allows you to register an account to delete and manage your old images
- It edits and crops your images using a built-in and simple editor
7capture is a screenshot software used for handling complex transparency issues. This tool provides screen capture of the windows, rounded corner as well as transparent backgrounds.
Features of 7capture:
- 7capture is a screenshot software that enables you to capture semi-transparent GIF, PNG, and JPEG images
- It easily handles all kinds of transparency issues
- It provides high-quality screenshots
- It is a screen capture tool available for windows
WinSnap is an easy-to-use and user-friendly screen capture software used for modifying and taking screenshots. WinSnap enables you to capture non-rectangular windows with transparent backgrounds.
Features of WinSnap:
- It provides support for Alpha-Ch and PNG Transparency
- It helps you capture multiple regions and objects
27. Snipping Tool++
This tool is free and easy to use. Snipping Tool++ enables you to take screenshots of a particular online page.
Features of Snipping Tool++:
- It provides a user-friendly and free screenshot for PC
- It helps you run a check to detect viruses and similar malware
- Snipping Tool++ automatically integrates with social media
- It is a screenshot tool available for windows
28. Cloud App
Cloud App is a powerful screen recorder software. It lets you create GIF, capture videos, screenshot annotation, and webcam securely to the cloud.
Features of Cloud App:
- Cloud App enhances GIFs and screenshots with annotations
- It enables you to capture everything you see in your cloud
- It is a screenshot tool available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS
This screen capture software is an easy-to-use but powerful screenshot capture tool. It allows you to record/capture screen using voice commands.
Features of Grabilla:
- Grabilla creates QR codes and short links
- It enables you to publish to forums, blogs, social networks, etc.
- It accesses from anywhere
- It provides personal or cloud storage
- With Grabilla, you can screen videos/screenshot images
This video editing software is regarded as a one-stop video editing tool. VideoProc possesses a powerful screen recorder component, and it is useful to live enthusiasts, educators, sports lovers, and gamers.
VideoProc enables you to record Skype calls, webinars, presentations, gameplay, and streaming video. The video software is also useful for creating podcasts, screencasts, software reviews, vlogging, and video instructions. VideoProc makes it easier for you to interact with your teammates and audience.
Features of VideoProc:
- VideoProc allows you to edit, convert, and download videos since it is an all-purposed video processing software
- It offers utility tools to highlight any content, draw, type, add text, outlines, arrows, images, voiceover, etc.
- VideoProc enables you to crop selected area for screenshot
- It also allows you to apply Chroma key effect/Green screen to remove webcam background and add more creativity and fun to your recording
- It has three recording modes, which are recording iOS or desktop screen with voiceover, recording from the webcam, or both at the same time in picture-in-picture mode
Throughout this article, we have successfully examined the various top best screen capture tools available in the market, along with their key features.
The list can help you make the best choice in choosing the best screen capture tool to serve your desire purpose.