So, you found your old PSP and want to try out some of the best PSP games, but which one? Are you interested in playing PS games on the road, but you are not sure which ones are available for PSP?
Are you playing some of the best games for PSP and if not, which one should you play?
The PSP console was an instant boom when it arrived on the shelves of stores. The possibility of playing your favorite game on a smaller console that you could take on a road with you was more than awesome!
This meant that all of the boring driving hours to your destination would have a meaning and taking metro would not be so boring.
PSP is basically the pocket version of Play Station console and here are some of the BEST PSP GAMES that you should try out!
What are the best games for the PSP? Here is our top list.
Are you a fan of Assassin’s Creed series? Well, you should Bloodline on your PSP. This game follows the original story and the adventures of Altair who goes to the island of Cyprus.
His mission is to find out all of the dark secrets that Templar society is keeping and to prevent them in their plans. In this game, Templars leader is Armand Bouchart
- The game follows the original story
- There are new features like Templar coins which can be used to boost your health bar or your weapon’s damage
- There are a lot side quests that can be fun to do
- Blending is now used only for bypassing enemies
- Game play experience is not the same in terms of gaming control system
- The game does not feature HUD’s and the system is based on the design of Animus
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Besides Mortal Kombat, Tekken is one of the most popular fighting arcade games out there! So if you wanted to play it on the road than Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection may be the best PSP game for you.
This is an actual update of the original Tekken 5 game and it tells a story from the point that Heihachi Mishima defeated his son Kazuya Mishima in fight.
After that he had led him to Hon-Maru Temple where he was planning to release Kazuya and Jin Kazama in order to battle and steal their “Devil Genes”.
- Tekken dojo now has a lot of cool modes that you can try out
- Player’s rank becomes higher as you defeat your enemies in the tournament
- There are more options for custom changes in the player’s appearance
- The texture and the graphics are just upgraded and there are no changes in the actual feeling of the game being new edition
- It is too similar to all of previous Tekken games
- Even though difficulty of the game increases during game play, there are not a lot of options besides fightin
Publisher: Square Co., Ltd.
Final Fantasy is one of those games that had been around for ages! Now, you can also play it on your PSP and by the opinion of many players the Final Fantasy VII is one of the best games for PSP that you can find!
This part of Final Fantasy series follows the story of the Cloud Strife, he is a mercenary who gets hired to stop the group of terrorist known as Avalanche!
At first Cloud’s goals may seem a bit selfish, but during the game play he joins other people and realizes that he should fight for the other causes, not only for his own. He starts a fight against the group that is led by Shinra and Sephirot who appears as the Cloud’s main nemesis.
- One of the best selling games out there!
- Cool soundtracks and great characters!
- Uses the Active Time Battle system which means that you can play it with multiple characters at a same time
- This game is not for those who are addicted to graphics, since the graphics of this game is just poorly done
- More than one player to think about at the same time
- More tactics and thinking than actual progressing game play
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Now, this game is great in so many ways. No matter what you like to do in games and no matter which genre you prefer, there is almost no person in the world who has not played GTA: Vice City.
Most of the players like it because there are so many options and things to do in the game! The fact that this actual game was later released for the PS2 console speaks of it great success!
- A lot of different things to do around
- 3D appearance
- Lot of side missions and cool choices about character appearance
- Only thing that can be said about this game which some may consider as a Con is that it is based on the original Vice City version
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
God of War is a great fantasy game which is considered as one of the best PSP games in the world.
It is a game that has as its main character Kratos who uses magic and his weapon skills in order to fight various monsters and enemies who are based on the Greek Mythology!
- No lags
- Great graphics
- A lot of powers and weapons
- It may not be for younger players since it contains a lot of bloodshed
The game takes place in the past on the island of Costa Rica and it is about a soldier John who is known as Big Boss!
His mission is to find out everything about the creation of the so called “Outer Heaven”. The genre of the game is stealth action and it is considered as a type of war game.
- If you like the previous Metal Gear Solid games, this one you will like even more
- Cool characters and abilities
- A lot of jokes throughout the game
- Some of the NPCs will take more time to defeat in comparison with other
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Daxter is a pretty simple game to play so if you are looking for a game to play just for fun than this would be the best choice when it comes to PSP games.
Daxter is a type of rabbit who fight metal bugs while he strives to find his long lost friend Jack.
- Cool things to do, like plain riding
- Graphics are more than amazing
- Voice acting is done perfectly and there are a lot of funny moments
- Really simple to play
- Camera angles can be annoying
- Story is not that interesting
Publisher: EA games
Burnout legends is the only edition of the Burnout series that can be played handheld. It is a standard racing games that has a lot of cool features for you to try out.
It also has the multiplayer option so you can try and compete with other players in order to become the best racer!
- 95 different cars to choose
- Different racing styles
- Multiplayer option
- Poor graphics
- Bad choice of soundtracks
- Storyline is not the best out there
Publisher: Square Co., Ltd.
This Final Fantasy game is all about tactics. It is a strategic Role Playing type of game and will surely leave you wide awake at night trying to figure out the best tactics for beating your enemies.
The story happens in the middle of the War of The Lions and it is up to you to figure out the best war tactics. Pros:
- Various options and tactics
- Two new jobs in the game, Onion Knight and Dark Knight
- Multiplayer option
- Poor graphics
- Story is simple and there is too much drama by the opinion of many players
Yet another game from Castlevania series! Have you watched anime? Have you played some older versions of the game?
No matter the reason you want try this one out, if you are in fact a fan of Castlevania series than this would be best PSP game for you to try out!
- Vibration effect on PSP
- Not an easy game to play
- Follows the story of Castlevania series
- Graphics is not a better side of this game
- Many players prefer to play Rondo of Blood edition instead of this one
- Two other games need to be unlocked in order to play it
- The game has really hard levels
- Best VPN for Gaming: Play PUBG Anywhere without Lags!
- 15 Best Torrent Sites for Games in 2021
- 10 Best free PS4 games to play
So, no matter the reason you want to try out PSP gaming, we think that you will surely find your poison here!
These are some of the best PSP games that you may find, so choose yours and start playing, we promise that the boring time on trains or bus rides will become more fun with some of these games.