Which is the video player you use to play your videos? Is it reliable enough? There are many video players in the market that you can use to enhance your entertainment experience.
As a macOS user, you need to find an ideal video player that will enhance your entertainment experience. We often watch videos to be more enlightened, relax, and even learn a new concept. Each video player has its pros and cons. Hence, you need to find one that will suit your needs.
Top 10 Best MAC Video Player (Compatible with Big Sur)
Navigation of Contents
Do you want an ideal audio and video layer that can play any media file? Try Cisdem and you will be able to even play 5K and Full HD 1080 p videos. The beauty of this video player is that you won't need any additional codecs, plugins, or anything. We highly recommend Cisdem because of its impressive list of supported formats, perfect HD playing experience, and simplicity.
Supported formats: Mainstream formats: MKV, AVI, FLV, MP4, MTS, M2T, MOD, AVCHD, WMV, and much more. Supports up to 50 formats with no codec packs.
- It plays 4K/5K/1080p videos at high quality with no buffering or crashes.
- Cisdem allows you to load and add subtitle files automatically.
- It has a great set of handy buttons for video management with an uncluttered interface that won’t disturb you while you are watching.
- The video player features a full-screen playback, volume control, subtitle selection button, video information screen capture, and much more.
- It has the convert video feature that allows you to convert your multimedia files for instant playback in any format on any device
Elmedia Player is the ideal media player for anyone who needs to play a wide range of different file formats. It can handle a huge number of different types with zero need for conversion. In addition, Elmedia offers a variety of useful tools and settings that give you complete control over file management and playback.
Supported formats: AVI, FLV, SWF, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, DivX, MP4 and more
- Library function lets you access content from multiple devices on your shared network.
- Playlist feature lets you compile and export playlists of favourite content.
- Full compatibility with a number of external devices such as Apple TV.
- Screenshot function that lets you spread photos across an entire video.
QuickTime is a popular multimedia player that was developed by Apple and can handle pictures, videos, audio, and panoramic image formats. Quicktime features a clean and interactive interface that makes it popular among Mac users.
It is ideal for people who are familiar with navigation and features. It also offers basic video editing and live streaming and much more. We highly recommend it because of its ease of use and capability.
Supported formats: It supports AIFF, WAV, DV-DIF, MP3, MPEG, ASF, DivX, Flash video, Matroska, and much more. It is compatible with all files you've purchased from iTunes or Apple TV. You can also optimize videos to be played on Mac.
- It comes pre-installed with Mac computers and receives regular updates.
- You can use it to play images, audio, and other content.
- It also allows you to edit videos by trimming, rotating, splitting, and merging video clips
- You can use the quick time broadcaster to stream live videos and even upload them on various social media sites.
MPV is a free media player for the command line and supports a large base of media files. The powerful scripting capabilities can make the player do almost anything. It integrates with streaming services, extremely responsive, up-to-date, and caches live streams.
We highly recommend it because it is a unique video player. However, if you are not familiar with some certain scripts, you may find it hectic to use.
Supported formats: It supports a wide variety of media file formats, audio, and video codecs, and subtitle files. It also supports live streams
- The small controller on top of the video is for basic control.
- It features an open GL, Vulkan, and D3D11 based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles such as video scaling.
- MPV video player features high-quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, HDR, and much more.
- It can leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms. The hardware decoding can be enabled at runtime on demand.
Have you ever heard of VLC? It is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia platform on a framework that plays most multimedia files. It is one of the most popular video players that offers great video quality.
We highly recommend VLC because of its great features and regular updates. The inbuilt equalizer allows users to boost the sound without distorting the quality. It also allows you to convert videos to other file formats
Supported formats: DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, most media formats, and much more. It can play Bluray, .mov, .avi and much more.
- The VLC media player plays most of the media codecs and video formats
- The VideoLan Movie creator is a non-linear editing software essential for video creation
- The DVD blast is a simple and powerful MPEG-2/TS demux and streaming application.
- VLC also has an android version that has a modern look and works as perfectly as the desktop one.
- The VLC macOS version solves an audio rendering regression issue. It improves the playback of HLS streams, webVTT subtitles, and Upnp discovery.
- It has audio normalize that aids in ear protection.
This is another free blu-ray/DVD/4K HD video player. It features all the media playback solutions you need for entertainment. It can act as a Blu-ray disc player, DVD player, HD video player, ISO image file player, and audio player. Most of its features are free and you can use them for either your personal or commercial use.
Supported formats: It plays DVD, DVD folder, and DVD ISO image file. It can also play 4K videos in MKV, MP4, and TS formats. It can also play 1080p videos in HD MP4, HD MKV, HD, MOV, and much more. If you have a 720p video it plays in MP4, AVI, MKV, and other formats.
- This region free video player provides high-quality visuals for your videos and superb decryption performance
- The Blu-ray player freeware helps you get a 4K UHD movie experience at home.
- The virtual control panel enables you to select what you want to play or make settings on the disc menu during Bluray playback. For example languages, scene selections, and much more
- The power manager lets you preset the power volume to indicate the battery status for battery protection.
- It also allows you to change the program skin, interface language, and background.
- The screenshot snapper lets you take screenshots during movie playback and save in either JPG, PNG, or BMP format.
DivX offers one of the best video experiences you will ever encounter. We love this video player, as it allows you to create and cast your favorite videos. It is ideally available for Mac and Windows. It also includes three components to enjoy high-quality video playback. It helps convert video and cast media from your computer to your Tv(Div X media servers)
Supported formats: DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC files in up to 4K quality.
- It has a reliable community and support that helps you when you encounter an issue while using the device.
- In the pro version, DFX audio enhancer allows you to have great video audio.
- It also features advanced playback and audio features. This helps you navigate to your favorite scenes with chapter points
- The multiple audio support allows you to switch seamlessly between soundtracks to hear other languages or the director's comments without interrupting the playback
- When you enable cloud to connect you can play your video from the cloud or even import directly from Google drive or dropbox.
It is simple, powerful, and beautiful. You can use MPlayerX to play many media formats. You can easily control it by easily pinching, tapping, or swiping. It provides the easiest way to control the playback. You also won't need to remember the keyboard shortcuts to move the cursor among the buttons. MPlayerX will just follow your gestures.
Supported formats: It is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer that allows it to handle any media format in the world without having to use extra plugins or codec packages.
- It easily detects and converts the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically.
- MPlayerX seamlessly plays Youtube videos, Vimeo, and others.
- In your playlist as long as the file names are numbered in a guessable pattern. It helps you find the next episode easily.
- It also allows you to plug your SPDIF cable and the MPlayerX will recognize it automatically and output the raw DTS/AC3 stream with no more extra settings.
- Also, the Apple remote controls your MPlayerX.
- It supports many videos and audio formats, various output devices, and can play damaged MPEG files smoothly.
IINA is a modern media player for macOS. It is appropriate for the macOS application from its framework to the user interface. IINA also adopts the post-Yosemite design language of macOS and keeps up the pace of new technologies like Force Touch and touch bar.
Supported formats: It can play any open-source media player MPV. With the support of youtube_d and browser extensions, you can play a variety of online streams in IINA via one click. Local files, online streams, and youtube playlists.
- The software has a carefully crafted dark mode user interface. It is well modified with adjusted colors, icons, and textures. Hence, provide a great design.
- You can use the native Picture in Picture mode to enjoy local or online videos without any distraction.
- It also features a touch bar, system media control, customizable UI, online subtitles, music mode, mouse, trackpad gestures, thumbnail preview, and plugin system.
- IINA has been translated into more than 20 languages by translators from all over the world.
It is one of the most powerful video players you can ever come across. 5K player is a mix of UHD video player, music player, Airplay and DLNA enabled media streamer and online downloader. We highly recommend it because of its great capabilities and strength. It is a combination of DNLA controller, DNLA renderer, and DNLA server.
Supported formats: 4k/1080p videos, DVD, IPTV, MP3, AiPlay, DNLA, Youtube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo videos
- You can use a 5K player to play videos, music, downloaded audio videos, and online videos.
- It supports Airplay and DNLA wireless streams.
- You can stream every moment, connect everywhere, and offer multi-screen share easily.
- It also allows screen recording of up to 4K UHD video records.
- It has a built-in radio player.
Kodi is available for Android, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, and Windows operating systems. It also runs on the most common processor architectures. You can install third-party plugins to get access to content that is freely available.
Supported formats: videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files
- It is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms
- It also features a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
- You can use it to lay and view most videos, music, podcast, and other media files from local and network storage media
- You can use it to listen to music, watch movies, TV shows, and share photos.
|Lifetime license of $29.99
Or free version
Leawo Blu-ray player
|Free but payment for features.
There is a high demand for video players. Hence, you need to find an ideal one that can play your high-quality videos and provide great visuals. If you need a great entertainment experience, you need to find a video player that won’t let you down. These ten are among the best video and audio players you can use on your Mac device.