Do you know how videos, clips, and certain images are taken on amazing scenery? Well, some may be natural backgrounds, but some may be modified backgrounds. The green screen apps help to make backgrounds to look different. There a couple of ways, this can be done.
You must have seen images with different backgrounds, but videos can also be changed too. This is through the use of green screen apps. They are essential if you want an image or video to appear to be in a certain scenery you can’t travel to. For example, if you want to shoot a person while in space or underwater. Hence, these special effects are really important.
What can green screen apps do:
- How to use the green screen app on your mobile device
- How to use the Chroma key to create green-screen effects
- How to use a green screen app
Top 14 Green Screen Apps in 2020
For PC software
What We like of 123videomagic
- The replace feature allows you to change the green backgrounds of videos and images with different exciting backgrounds.
- The mask feature changes the intensity of the green color of the video or image background.
- The software also has a variety of 50 theme-based images you can use. It is appropriate for professional photographers, amateur photographers, families, and teachers.
- The teleprompter allows you to record videos, edit, merge and superimpose videos with audio and images.
- You can publish using the AVI, MPG, HAV, WMV, BMP, PNG, GIF, and much more.
What We like of Filmora
- The keyframing feature allows you to create custom animations for better visual engagements.
- The motion tracking feature lets you level up your editing with intuitive object tracking for easy accessibility. It also cuts out all kinds of repetition to unleash your creativity.
- The auto-ducking feature allows you to quickly fade your music. Moreover, the color match feature allows you to apply color corrections on multiple clips at once. You can also use the hotkey commands to edit faster.
- It also allows you to make video effects, split the screen, and use the green screen to change backgrounds.
- The video effects also allow you to fast forward to important parts and slow down special moments. Give your videos a personalized feel.
What We dislike of FIlmora x
- No freehand masking tool
- It has minimal audio effects options.
What We like of Xsplit
- This software is suitable for network broadcasting and video creation.
- Xsplit removes, replaces, and blurs your webcam background without a green screen. This enables you to stream easily and create media at ease.
- The premium creator suite empowers gamers to turn their passion into engaging stories that can be shared through live streaming.
- It offers flawless videos and audios with endless customization.
- Xsplit allows you to stream and broadcast to Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and much more.
What We dislike of Xsplit
- It causes a major slowdown in games.
- Terrible latency issues that cause 10-15 seconds lagging while streaming videos.
What We like of VSDC
- VSDC allows you to create and edit videos of different complexity status. You can cut, merge, and apply visuals and audio effects to your media.
- It also allows you to use filtration, image slideshows, add soundtracks, use multi-color Chroma key, and advanced parameters settings.
- It supports all popular video and audio formats.
- The video converter helps to convert video files from one format to another. It is easy to use, has a modern interface, and all the necessary functions.
- The Audio CD grabber is intended for grabbing audio tracks from compact discs and saving them in any format.
- The Chroma Key is meant to remove the green background and use the video effects, filters, and transitions to make the videos stand out.
- It features a video stabilization tool, hardware acceleration, audio waveform, sub-pixel resolution, voice-over, mask tool, Chroma key, and technical support
What We dislike in VSDC
- Limitations in the free version.
5. How to use Adobe Premiere to change the green screen background
As a video creator, it is important to know how to use the green screen footage. In this, you insert a person into a new scene. The chroma keying method is used to remove backgrounds from a subject on the photo or video.
Even in movies most of the backdrops are normally set digitally by positioning your subject in front of a green backdrop. However, in post-production, you use effects to remove the green parts of your video frame.
The editing software reads all the data in the frame and whatever pixels land in the chrome keyed color are deleted. Green is normally used because cameras are really sensitive to it and easy to illuminate.
Step 1: Run your Adobe Premiere software.
Step 2: Click on the Effects tab, the video effects, then choose Keying. You can either decide to use the Color Key or Ultra Key.
Step 3: While using the Ultra key, add the green screen footage to your sequence, and drop the ultra key effect onto the clip.
Step 4: Under the effects tab, use the eyedropper to select the green color on your video frame and use the setting option to choose how aggressive the effect works.
Step 5: Use the Matte cleanup option to affect the edges of your edges and the matte generation to ensure all the noise is gone.
Step 6: Use the spill suppression to adjust the edge colors of your subject.
What We like of Chromavid
- Chromavid allows you to share your creations with friends on various social media platforms. It also allows you to store all your creations locally on your device storage.
- The Chroma studio allows you to create your movies/videos with your background images. You can select from various background screen colors like red, blue, green, and yellow
- The recording features allow you to add a video or image to an existing image or video with selected Chroma color.
- The merge feature allows you to merge two existing videos with one Chroma color and impose the other.
- It also has unlimited recording time and no advertisement
What We dislike of Chromavid
- The background doesn’t appear instantly when shooting a video.
What We like of Kinemaster
- Kinemaster features eight different blending options that allow videos and images to be overlaid hence providing magical effects
- The reverse tool allows you to turn time around, make focal shifts, in-camera transitions and other video edits easy.
- The video layers allow you to playback multiple videos depending on the device and video resolution
- It features a high resolution that allows you to use your high-end camera to edit and export 4K video projects up to 60fps.
- The Chroma key allows you to composite two or more videos. It also features the alpha mask preview and fine-tuning feature of the mask edges.
What We dislike of Kinemaster
- Uses watermarks and advertisements on the free version
- You can’t swap between different file formats when creating and selecting the size.
What We like of Stop motion studio
- Stop Motion Studio allows you to capture images whether you choose the automatic or full manual control for focus, exposure, ISO, and white balance.
- The app allows you to capture images in 4K, use a live green-screen effect, and use a second device as a remote camera.
- It supports digital cameras from popular brands. You can use the live view to control objects and movement. Moreover, the unique frame-by-frame view shows the images you took in chronological order.
- You can also set in and out points to mark a specific portion of your movie for playback and looping. The loop playback allows you to animate the sequence till it looks perfect.
- The composition guides are good for positioning. This is through the grid and onion skin controls to help position animated objects easily and precisely.
- It also comes with a dozen sound effects and music clips for use in your movie. The audio editor allows you to trim the audio clip, set fade in and out, change the volume, or add dozen funny audio effects.
What We dislike of stop motion studio
- The video community seems unconnected to the app.
What We like of Green screen wizard
- It is ideal for both iOs and android
- Unlike most green screen software and apps, it has the advanced hair processing feature where the tallest person is scanned and the hair analyzed. This is because hair can be a major interference when changing backgrounds.
- It records up to 8 separate colors and when the image is processed these colors are searched for and extracted.
- The green guard processing feature helps to restore green in an image. This happens when someone is wearing green attire to ensure the original image remains.
- The airbrush editor uses special green screen aware brushes to correct difficult green screen problems and bring out the best details in the image.
- The special effects add reflections, lighting effects, skin smoothing, and creating artistic images easy.
What We like of Green screen studio
- This is specifically designed for iPad and iPhone
- It is a Chroma key application that allows the user to change a monochromatic background into any image you wish. In this, while mixing two images or frames, one color from one image is removed leaving the other color of the other image intact.
- The app allows you to manually apply backgrounds to any picture you want without a green screen. You simply add your background image and foreground image. Then manually erase any parts of your foreground image without a green screen.
- It also allows you to draw on your photos, add fun stickers, adjust brightness, contrast, and saturation.
- You can also make changes to your media through sharpening, blurring, adjusting, cropping, rotating, using the red-eye effect, whitening, and using the blemish tools.
What We dislike of Green screen studio
- There are no advanced editing features.
What We like of Veescope
- Veescope allows you to add photos or movies from your camera roll to use as backgrounds.
- It allows you to record a quick time movie in real-time. Also, the true depth camera helps create a green screen effect from anywhere.
- It allows you to create photos, videos, stop motion animation, adjust exposure, white balance, and focus.
- Veescope allows you to take green screen photos of up to 12megapixels and video at UHD 4K resolution.
- You can use veescape to create up to six layers of videos or photos in the timeline.
- It allows you to create a 5-day forecast for anywhere in the world and create a weather map for that.
What We dislike of Veescape
- The watermark on the free version is a nuisance.
What We like of Imovie
- Imovie lets you create trailers and movies. You can choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics. Moreover, it allows you to customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits.
- You can select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones.
- While creating movies, you can choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music.
- You can choose from 11 animated title styles and adjust them by changing their font, color, size, location, and much more.
- It features over 80 soundtracks and you can add sound effects
- It allows you to share easily with your friends.
What We dislike of Imovie
- The external display just supports iPhone 7 or later.
4. Do ink
What We like of Do ink
- It is a renowned app for teaching and learning as recognized by the AASL.
- It uses the live video camera or imports the pre-recorded videos, photos, text, and artwork.
- The drawing editor can be used to add drawings and animations of up to 30 frames using the drawing editor.
- It combines elements on up to 3 layers and is great for app smashing
- You can use it to move, scale, rotate elements, chroma, crop, and mask tools to remove unwanted areas.
- It allows you to record videos in high definition of up to 4K, capture still photos, and save them to the camera roll.
- The scrollable timeline allows you to sequence your videos and photos
What We dislike of Do ink
- Requires some preparation time to get started.
5. Hands-on green screenWhat We like of the hands-on green screen
- It creates amazing videos with the chroma key effect. It allows you to edit videos or photos and replace the green screen.
- It allows you to use any background, remove the time limit, and modify images and videos perfectly.
- If you want to use a unique background, you can use this iOs app to make it possible.
What We dislike of the hands-on green screen
- It is slow to use.
- Not suitable for high-quality green-screen effect.
|Kinemaster||Android/iOs||$4.99/month or $39.99 per year.||4.3|
|Stop motion studio||iPhone, iPad, macOS, Android, and windows.||Free||4.3|
|Green screen studio||iOs||$4.99||3.8|
|Green screen wizard||iOs/Android||$139.95||4.1|
|Hands-on green screen||iOs||Free||4.1|